elctric butchering equipment

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by Unregistered-1427815803, Jun 25, 2004.

1. any experience? pitfalls? I was considering purchasing an elecric meat saw with grinder. I saw an ad at www.grizzly.com

2. We use a Navigator electric saw by Black and Decker. It isn't made for meat cutting but works great for us. We use it exclusively for butchering. No pitfalls that I have seen in the past year.

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Well-Known Member

I checked the grizzly site and could not find any meat saws, unless you are talking band saws and then just using it for meat. I think Harbour Freight used to have that kind of thing. I've never used one

4. Ed Norman

Ed Norman Well-Known Member

We have a bandsaw with grinder from Northern Tool. The grinder is nothing but junk. The bandsaw is a great thing to whack a hog into porkchops and bacon in minutes. It is tedious to clean. I usually spend some time lining key areas with aluminum foil before I start, and when I'm done, I lift out the foil and the meat sawust with it. Still lots of places left to clean, but it helps catch alot. The blades they sell are junk. No kerf, and they pinch and wander in a big cut. I solder my own blades from 100' rolls, but a regular coarse tooth bandsaw blade from Sears works great, too.

I used to cut the elk or deer or hog into cuts by hand, while DW wrapped. We got done about the same time. Now I have piles of meat stacked on the counters and then I have to help her wrap. It is really fast.

5. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

My wife got a Meatsaw Grinder combination from somewhere for I think $175.She had trouble with the Grinder until she Welded an extension on the Auger,where it would fit in the shaft better.

Once she got it adjusted right hasn't had a bit of trouble with it cutting up Deer,Goats,Hogs,and Beef.

big rockpile

6. BrushBuster

BrushBuster Well-Known Member

we just use a regular hand grinder mounted to a board with a pulley wheel about 12" in place of the handle and connected to a electric motor with a pulley about 2". lay it across 2 sawhorses and grind away.

7. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Well-Known Member

8. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

These rigs are ok if you are only doing a few head every year. I bought a small Biro comercial band saw off ebay, I love it, still looking for a grinder.