Eggnog,fruitcake,yulelog "Gotta love it"

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Irene texas, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Irene texas

Irene texas Well-Known Member

Lets start with that fruitcake, there is a joke about how many years it can be pass around as a present before it gets old. And then there is Eggnog, Oh how I love that stuff. But have you ever looked at the Calorie count? 250 calorie's in one half cup. I don't care to put booze in it, I like it just as is. And then there is the yule log. One year sometime ago when my daughter was nine months pregnant she and another girl got it in there head they were going to join in the yule log search. The snow was about 6 inches deep and up the mountain they went along with a few hundred other folks, Nothing like seeing a pregnant gal trying to climb that hill, well anyway the log was found and rolled down the hill and put on a huge fire, where everyone gathered around and drank wassell and sang Christmas songs. It was a fun time, do they still do that somewhere in America?

2. jimarh

jimarh Well-Known Member

we don't go outside or burn the yule log outdoors but we drink the wassel every year. Good stuff. :)

3. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

What's WASSELL??? Does it make you act funny? Does it make you fatter? All requirements of a good drink. Ho Ho Ho
    Does a GAS Yule log count?

4. Anita in NC

Anita in NC Well-Known Member

All the jokes about fruit cake. I really love fruit cake. My son wants to try it but he's allergic to nuts. I guess at some point I'll have to make one for hi without the nuts.

Yum, yum.... fruit cake. I haven't had any yet this year. :Bawling: