Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Incubator Addict
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently it was nothing, because they are gone already. That's a good thing!

One of the houses down the road had smoke billowing out one of the windows. Really thick smoke coming out so hard I couldn't see if it was coming out the window or from the roof. I watched it for a minute, because I thought it might have been come cooking gone a little too well done. But it didn't stop.

So I called the fire department. They came. And they left. Everyone jumped out of the truck when they pulled up, so I think they thought it was pretty serious at first too. Now it has mostly stopped, but it was still looking bad when they left.

I hope the neighbors don't mind that I called!

Kayleigh

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Hey, better safe than sorry, right?? I'd be very thankfull if I was your smokey neighbor. :rock:

·
If I need a Shelter
21,626 Posts
Well not bad as me one time in town.I look over at a neighbors.See fire flickering in all the windows.I go over bang on the door.Nobody come to the Door so I kicked it in.There was my neighbor and her Boyfriend having sex on the floor. :lookout: :eek:

I'll fix the Door in the morning :D

big rockpile

·
TLC Farm
246 Posts
Two days after Christmas we got a call from one of our neighbors to find out how to contact the fire dept. in our town. He said he thought the neighbors house might be burning because he could see an orange glow over the hill.

A few minutes later another neighbor called and asked if we had a fire over here. Then, our closest neighbor called about the lights flickering. Well, about that time my brother came in from outside smoking a cigarette and said he saw what he thought was a fire.

Sure enough, one of our neighbors home was on fire. When the fire dept came they "put it out". About an hour later the fire had reignited. The old log home was totally lost.

If I were your neighbor I would have appreciated your concern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts