Educational Materials--What Do We Need?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by RNRQ, Dec 16, 2003.

1. RNRQ

RNRQ Member

I've been working on new sets of educational materials, mostly posters and brochure-style stuff, for ShowBunnySite and the Rabbit Industry Council.

What kind of educational materials would do you the most good, and what format would help most?

When should this material be available to you--is it something that you'd want to see on the front page of a site, a package that you could get when starting, or something you could request from a list of educational items?

Please email me privately; I don't often get over here. :D

Thanks!

Pamela Alley, RVT
    Director, Rabbit Industry Council
    Writer/Photographer, ShowBunnySite
    RNRQ@cncnet.com

2. dlwelch

dlwelch Well-Known Member

Director, Rabbit Industry Council

Hi, Pam:

Could you explain what the Rabbit Industry Council is? What
    is the mission? Who are the directors? Is there a website?
    When was it formed?

I'm sure some of us would like to know more about the accomplishments
    and agenda of this organization.

Thanks!

Linda Welch
    Texas

3. RNRQ

RNRQ Member

Here is the original mission statement from the nonprofit corporation constitution...it's no longer a corporation, but the group stands for the same things still. Members are welcome--figure out what YOU can do and let us know. :)

Due to the limited number of members, we've concentrated pretty much on education about RVHD and supplying informational materials on various topics.

Thanks for asking!

PA
    ps..the RIC was conceived in 1996, started in 2000 and the mission statement was last revised in 2001. I am the sole director at this time; the website is not available until I find a good webmaster for it. :).

ARTICLE I: MISSION STATEMENT

The name of the Corporation shall be the RABBIT INDUSTRY COUNCIL.

The corporation is organized and shall be operated to establish, promote, and protect the rabbit industry community which includes but is not limited to those who own, buy or sell rabbits raised for pet, show, meat, wool, fur, and laboratory use and byproducts, as well as those who grow, manufacture, prepare, buy or sell materials or services which contribute to the rabbit industry.

The corporation will encourage the development of improved rabbit products, care, husbandry, and production techniques through education and effective communication to foster more efficiency in the rabbit industry and to promote responsible ownership in order that improved conditions of those engaged in or contributing to the rabbit industry and their animals may occur.

The corporation shall prepare, select, and distribute information necessary and useful for furthering the purposes of the corporation.

The corporation is to pursue the public purposes of lessening the burdens of government and promoting the global public interest of the rabbit industry. Lobbying and education of lawmakers at all levels in regards to the rabbit industry may be included in the activities for this purpose.