Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the Ecofan? They sit on your woodstove and are supposed to run without electricity and circulate the heat in the room.
Do they work? I found a site that sells the smaller one for $69.95. Is that a good price?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Excellent price. I paid $100 for mine about 6 years ago love it. It circulates but you cannot feel a draft. It pushes hot air down my 25 ft hallway into the far bedroom and the heat is very comfortable in there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That is an excellent price. We bought one a yr. ago and we love it too. We have a fan on our air-tight but it's alittle noisy. Where this fan it circulate and is quiet.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Don't know what a stirling engine principal is. This fan has some sort of heat sensing module thingie with 2 wires and when the heat sensor on the bottom hits a certain temp it turns the fan blade. Hotter = faster.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
We've used one for about three years now, and love it. When the power is off, there is no other way to push the heat to the north side of our house. Got two of them from a fellow on the old Countryside forum, and gave one to my sister. She uses hers on her propane wall furnace, and says it works for her, too. The price is good, I'd say go for it! Jan in CO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts