easy to handle jersey

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by texascornbread, Sep 24, 2004.

1. texascornbread

texascornbread Member

i have two jerseys, they are so easy to handle. two and three stands of barbed wire works great.i have even left the gate open on accident and they stay in.if i need to go where i want them you just get behind them and slap them gently and you can drive them to town if you like. are most breeds like this or just jerseys.
    but on the other hand they can hold up there milk and pee in the stall if they are in a bad mood.
    most of the time they are happy.

2. OD

OD Well-Known Member

Mine won't drive at all, but I can take her anywhere with a bucket of feed--that is, if I can run fast enough to keep her from catching me & taking the bucket away from me before I get where I want her to go. When she was younger, milking made her need to pee, but after she got older, she outgrew that little problem.

3. Haggis

Haggis MacCurmudgeon

Both my Jerseys will drive or follow along like puppies. Dorsey, an 8 year old Jersey, has to dump her water every time the warm wash cloth hits her udder. It would be funny if I didn't have to sit so close to the operation.

Well.., I guess it's funny anyway but I would prefer not to have my nose so close to the puddle.