Easy to buy land for sale in S.E. Ohio (not mine)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by thequeensblessing, Sep 26, 2005.

1. thequeensblessing

thequeensblessing Well-Known Member

In case anyone is interested. This isn't my land, but it is near mine, and I'd love to see someone homestead minded buy it.

There is a 6 plus/minus acre tract diagonally behind us that is for sale, land contract. They only want about 300.00 down and 200.00 or so a month. I think the total price is around 18,000.00, or 3K an acre. There are no credit checks involved in this sale, however, the interest rate is kinda high. (don't remember off hand what it was, there's a sign down there, I could look and edit this later with the exact figures.) It is a grassy field, all 6 acres, with power and water at the road. It doesn't abut my property or I'd buy it!

If anyone is interested, I could pm them the contact info.

2. stirfamily

stirfamily Well-Known Member Supporter

I'd be interested.
    Thank!
    Karen

3. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

Which county is it in?

Lynda

4. thequeensblessing

It's in Adam's county, in Winchester, about an hour east of Cincinnati. DH drives to the city to work every day. I like it because we have the best of both worlds. We live in the country and are an easy drive to the city if we need it.

5. thequeensblessing

Karen, I'll walk over and look at the sign again and I'll send you all the info!

6. Lawbag

Lawbag Well-Known Member

I'm interested too if it is zoned agricultural. Thanks.

7. thequeensblessing

The land is indeed zoned agricultural. The "develpment" itself is called South Winchester farms, and it's for people who want to homestead on their own parcel of land. Here are the specifics:

5.69 acres, farm #8 $295.00 down, $233.36 per month (10 percent interest)

The only deed restrictions are: No hogs (although we raise hogs, as does another neighbor ;) ) No mobile homes older then 5 years old allowed. That's about it for deed restrictions that I'm aware of. We raise cattle, horses, goats, chickens, turkeys, honey bees, Pyrs, and pigs out here.

The total price is a bit more then I thought it was, it's 24,995.00. I can't believe how the price of land is going up! However, there are no credit checks and the down payment is sweet. They also don't penalize you for early payoff.