Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to split one of my large cages into two...but I do not want anything permanent as I will want to remove the divider when I have a doe with babies, but then will want the divider back in when the babies are ready to be weaned. Suggestions?

·
Registered
611 Posts
hmmm.....the thing is the EASY part... i have some wire cages that had a divider in them just hooked the J hooks(i think thats what they are called). I took it out when i needed to and can put it back in when I want to as well.

Also iI have cages that the divider kind of has its own hook to it, the wire goes a bit longer so you can hook it to the rest, I just need to get some plyers out to undo them. I can get pictures when I go out tonight when I go out for my "night checkup".

Those are all the suggestions I have, sorry

Jesse:D
www.freewebs.com/jessescritters

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
Can't you just cut a piece of welded wire to size and wire it into place? Or use zip ties and just cut them off when you want to remove it.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you get the dividers with the hooks on them? The only ones I can find are at bass and they attach with c-rings. I want something I can change out in winter...can't see doing c-rings with gloves on or numb fingers.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Using wire would work fine. (Turkey 4 days in a row must be having an effect on my brain function). Thanks Maggie. I don't have any wire left, but will order a galvanized panel from bass...need to get feeder covers anyways to keep the chickens out of the rabbits J-feeders.

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
You're welcome. I'm all for low-tech, make-do, cheap-or-free, easy-does-it solutions. One can always upgrade later, if necessary.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Well, I got some really cheap poultry cages from a local farmer(hangers). They needed some work, but i made do. They came with the longer wire.

Ya, dont see the winter work, my fingers go numb just watering the rabbits. And then when you come back in the house they have that horrible sharp pain!!

Anyway, ill get those pictures when i go out. I go out at 9, so about 20 minutes.

Jesse

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yikes, not the best weather out there...

Sorry, i dont get how to add a picture, it asks for a link??

Anyway, they baisiclly just hook over the other wire(along the floor, top, and sides).

Sorry,
Jesse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts