Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to see if everyone made it through the storms ok
I am right outside of Pittsburgh and we have another on on it way

My thoughs are with you all
Its been a rough day!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Medina county here - all is well. Few trees down, couple of outbuildings damaged by wind Lodi and Richland (one with critters in it - bummer). Other than that just about an inch of rain in 45 minutes (my back yard)...
Thanks for askin'.

good luck and keep your head down - this storm isn't over yet...
 

·
Very Dairy
Joined
·
14,609 Posts
We are west of P-burgh and MY! we did get hammered this afternoon, didn't we?! :eek:

No casualties here, other than a container plant getting blown from its pedestal ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Williow were are you at I am east of Pitts just south of monroeville, murrsville
Sounds like we are going to get hit again at about 8:00 hope power doesnt go off again my sister inlaw has been out since this morning and she is right up the road from me
 

·
just me
Joined
·
1,770 Posts
Beaver County here with Willowgirl and ok but I know some of the roads were closed for a while. Hoping it lets up soon as I have to drive to the city tomorrow for work and last week coming home took me 2 hours to make the 45 minute trip.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
I am in the South Hills and we had quite the day. No damage. Our property is hilly, so the water runs away from the house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
PAcountry said:
Williow were are you at I am east of Pitts just south of monroeville, murrsville
Sounds like we are going to get hit again at about 8:00 hope power doesnt go off again my sister inlaw has been out since this morning and she is right up the road from me
Willow is southwest of the city and I am west and slightly North of the city.

We also got through the storms ok. So far. I am up high so I don't have flooding problems to contend with. Thankfully. Course I can complain in the winter!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
tiffnzacsmom said:
Beaver County here with Willowgirl and ok but I know some of the roads were closed for a while. Hoping it lets up soon as I have to drive to the city tomorrow for work and last week coming home took me 2 hours to make the 45 minute trip.

Another neighbor, Hello! I am in Allegheny county!
 

·
Very Dairy
Joined
·
14,609 Posts
I see I have lotsa new neighbors here! :D

It was just thundering a bit when I left the farm in Hookstown ... hope my trailer's still standing and the critters are OK! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope everything goes good for everyone here its getten dark outside so we are comming into it again my house is fine. Just found out my Aunts basment is flooded 3-4 ft
Afew trees down I had to move a tree (small one!) out of the way for hubby. it was in the driveway

Glad to hear everyone is ok and noone got it really bad.
I am new to this fourm so I dont know many people but I knew I had HT neighbors so I though I would ask!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
PAcountry said:
I hope everything goes good for everyone here its getten dark outside so we are comming into it again my house is fine. Just found out my Aunts basment is flooded 3-4 ft
Afew trees down I had to move a tree (small one!) out of the way for hubby. it was in the driveway

Glad to hear everyone is ok and noone got it really bad.
I am new to this fourm so I dont know many people but I knew I had HT neighbors so I though I would ask!

Thanks for asking and thinking about us!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
I'm on the edge of Butler/Lawrence county.Around 10:30 lightning hit the pole outside and fried our bedroom tv in the middle of Charles Bronson/Lee marvins Death Hunt.I was five ft. away when it snapped!And I almost-----ed!!
Ticked me off so I went to the living room tv to finish it.
Robert Mitchem/Marilyn Monroe in River Of No Return was next( I love the old movies :shrug: )But gave up cause we wanted to get an early start on the blueberries.We now have 46 pints in the freezer :dance:
Chas
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
Armstrong/Butler/Clarion County corner here ( :rolleyes: )

Lot's of rain, but no flooding yet (not like 1980) But we're always on edge in Aug. when it rains like this. Only intermitent power outages.

On Tues., at 1 pm, it was totally dark outside, like 9 pm dark. Scary :help:

On the plus side, it's getting green again. And farmers may get a 2nd cut of hay.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
We woke up this morning and discovered we have no water. I am not sure how long we will be without, but we can make due. DD is pretty excited that she might not have to take a bath today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Erie/Crawford line here and not too bad. Our modem got fried by lightening Wednesday night but last night it all went south of us. Our area got 5 inches of rain in less than 24 hours Wed/Thurs. We needed rain but that was a bit much!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
We are getting a little rain again now but not too bad and doesn't look like it will hang out much longer. Looks like that will be about the end of it so I can go get the animals out of the barn. They were in and out so much yesterday I even forgot whether we were coming or going!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top