Easter Bunny Market

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by chas, Jan 24, 2005.

1. chas

chas Well-Known Member

Any body trying to breed for the Easter market?
    I hauled home an 8X12 shed and set up8x8 of it for 8 does and a couple bucks.They are rex cross and whatever,lotsa color,smaller size. A local feed store will give $8.00 apeice.I got tired of messing with individual pens ,waterers ect. One heat base under chicken waterer is working for me.they love the apple branches I give them.And one salt brick with trace minerals is enjoyed.
    Anyone else have experience nesting in groups? I have 8 nest boxes.

2. okiemom

okiemom Well-Known Member

I am interested to know how this will work. I was wondering about letting my bunnies have the bottom of my 8x8 chicken coop and letting the chickens fly back and forth over a dutch style door. I am curious on the disease and manure/urine issue in a coop.

3. safehavenfarm

safehavenfarm Larry Christine and Sarah

Rabbits and chickens together where as either one of them could get in the others manure will definitely cause a disease problem. Mainly coccidiosis and that will not be good for it can be a problem for both the rabbits as well as the chickens. I wont even let chickens roost on my rabbit cages as they are prone to drop manure that way to. We started out with our rabbit cages hung from the top of the coop ceiling and placed catch pans under the cages to stop them from dropping manure on the area where the chickens were. And i strung wire above the cages to keep the chickens from getting up above the rabbits. It worked well. Eventually we built new coops and expanded the rabbit cages after the chickens were moved to the new coops. Hope this was of some help.