Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for plans for a worm sorter. Did find ones for sale, but asking here because I am cheap by necessity!

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I use ventilation restricted forced migration and a aerated trap as a harvester and a plywood sorting table to manage my bait buisness. I didnt want to pay $2k , so I built this rig for $15 to harvest 2 to 3 pounds at a time.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Shrek said:
I use ventilation restricted forced migration and a aerated trap as a harvester and a plywood sorting table to manage my bait buisness. I didnt want to pay $2k , so I built this rig for $15 to harvest 2 to 3 pounds at a time.
So Jay, Can you translate that into simple English- I've been sorting my worms by hand for the last few years-it can really eat up the hours when I get several orders in one day. Tried several ideas but most of them take more time than hand sorting. Thanks,Daryll in NW FLA

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not finding anything yet I am going to build my consept of what it should be. I will creat a card table size frame with a sheet metal chute underneath, that will carry off worm and eggs plus casting materials that will fit between 1/4 inch mesh of hardware cloth. On the open top there will be a sliding rectangle frame, which will hold about 2 gallons of mixed materials, that will be shifted and tapped to the end to dislodge the smaller portions of the worm, soil mix through the mesh. Of course I exspect to have to experiment with mesh size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts