Earth Makes Oil - Not Dinosaurs - Could Be!!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by YuccaFlatsRanch, May 26, 2004.

1. YuccaFlatsRanch

YuccaFlatsRanch Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe we are not running out of oil afterall and the environmentalists are wrong - they have been wrong before - in fact they are wrong most of the time.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38645

THE MYSTERY OF EUGENE ISLAND 330
    Eugene Island is a submerged mountain in the Gulf of Mexico about 80 miles off the Louisiana coast. The landscape of Eugene Island is riven with deep fissures and faults from which spew spontaneous belches of gas and oil. Up on the surface, a platform designated Eugene Island 330 began producing about 15,000 barrels of oil per day in the early 1970s. By 1989, the flow had dwindled to 4,000 barrels per day. Then, suddenly, production zoomed to 13,000 barrels. In addition, estimated reserves rocketed from 60 to 400 million barrels. Even more anomalous is the discovery that the geological age of today's oil is quite different from that recovered 10 years ago. What's going on under the Gulf of Mexico?

It is difficult to avoid the conclusion that the oil reservoir at Eugene Island is rapidly refilling itself from "some continuous source miles below the earth's surface." In support of this surmise, analysis of seismic records revealed a deep fault which "was gushing oil like a garden hose."

The deep-seated oil source at Eugene Island strongly supports T. Gold's theory about The Deep Hot Biosphere. Gold holds:

"that oil is actually a renewable, primordial syrup continually manufactured by the earth under ultrahot conditions and tremendous pressures. As this substance migrates toward the surface, it is attacked by bacteria, making it appear to have an organic origin dating back to the dinosaurs."
    The apparent deep-seated oil source at Eugene Island and Gold's ideas make petroleum engineers wonder about a similar situation at the seemingly inexhaustible oil fields of the Middle East.

"The Middle East has more than doubled its reserves in the past 20 years, despite half a century of intense exploitation and relatively few new discoveries. It would take a pretty big pile of dead dinosaurs and prehistoric plants to account for the estimated 660 billion barrels of oil in the region, notes Norman Hyne, a professor at the University of Tulsa in Oklahoma. "Offthe-wall theories often turn out to be right," he says."
    (Cooper, Christopher; "It's No Crude Joke: This Oil Field Grows Even as It's Tapped," Wall Street Journal, April 16, 1999. Cr. C. Casale.)

2. You can't possibly believe this....

Or maybe PT Barnum was right and you do?

3. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

Why the heck NOT belive it? I've often wondered about that Dino hogwash!! Dinos don't make coal, or silver, or gems!! DUH!! The earth 'has a life'!! :)

Actually, I was at a museum (Houston or Galveston) a couple of years ago and there was an entire exhibit regarding oil production in the GULF of Mexico. They are finding ways to RETAP existing (belived empty/done at one tieme) wells to drill DEEPER, to get out oil and save expense of a whole new system on each one!! ...... So THERE, Mr/Ms UNregistered! :):) PT Barnum indeed!

4. poppy

poppy Guest

Chickflik is right. Common sense tells me that oil production is an ongoing process. Of course, the wacky left could never accept this.

5. heelpin

heelpin Well-Known Member

I never did go for that pile of rotten animals 3 miles beneath the surface crap. I don't know much about geology but it just doesn't make common sense. The heat from Earth's core producing oil from rock is conceivable in my mind.

6. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

What kind of reply is this and by whom??? I"m afraid that PT Barnum's saying would also apply to anyone who is close-minded and arrogant.

Dr. Gold's theory is gaining credibility in scientific circles. I am another who has wondered how it was possible that most of the dinosaurs died in what is now Saudi Arabia.

7. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

I hear elves make cookies in the hollows of trees too.

the keebler hypothisis.

seriously... it could be. When we all admit we dunno jack about most stuff, we can accept that anything is indeed possible.

And I have seen the elves... the truth is out there.

8. poppy

poppy Guest

I love it!!!!! If this theory holds up, and my guess is it will, it will throw the enviro wackos into a panic. In fact, one could say it would be our duty to pump all the oil we can in order to help mother earth. If we don't, we may see an enviro catastrophe as the earth becomes saturated with oil to the point it overflows the surface of the earth. Then a bolt of lightening ignites it and, whoom, the hole planet goes up.
    Sorta makes global warming look like child's play, don't it? We need to get to drillin in Anwar immediately. Someone needs to clue Owl Gore in quick.

9. John_in_Houston

John_in_Houston Well-Known Member

In 25 years or so, we'll know one way or the other.

Either way, some posters will still be writing in ways that sound like lame attempts at imitating Rush Limbaugh.

"Oh my, another 'liberals are stupid' post from one of the usual suspects. Too bad he isn't saying anything enlightening or amusing."

10. pointer_hunter

pointer_hunter Well-Known Member

"its an ongoing process bonehead"
    I must not have taken my negative comment class in college!
    If you truly went to college, you would have learned that the only thing college does is teach you to search for knowledge. You should NEVER stop with what is written in a text book. For years, "scholars" believed that the Earth was flat. If you believe they teach you everything that you need in college, then my great, great, great........uncle P.T. Barnum was correct!

11. poppy

poppy Guest

John, you guys must really fear Limbaugh. Personally, I never cared much for him and rarely listen. Guess I need to tune in and see what all the fuss is about. Trouble is, I am working when he is on. You see, I never went to college to learn to use big words like "bonehead". I sure wish I had an education. :waa:

12. Sharon in NY

Sharon in NY Well-Known Member

Actually, most scholars never believed the earth was flat - they had ancient greek texts demonstrating that it wasn't. That's a myth - clearly one that college didn't debunk.

We know a lot about the physics of making oil (and it isn't primarily about dinosaurs), and yes, oil exists from multiple geologic eras, and someday, in about 2 million years, there will be new oil from this era - if you can wait, you are in good shape. I don't know the answer to why production is up, but generally speaking the simplest answer (as opposed to the stupidest) is correct - they hit a new pocket of oil from a different geological period.

We're not talking college-level information here - this is 7th grade science that seems unfamiliar to y'all.

Sharon

13. Joy in Eastern WA

Joy in Eastern WA Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought that the title of "knowing it all" was reserved for teenagers. I stand corrected. It's also reserved for those who *graduated* from college!

Thanks to Unregistered I learned something new today. Now I know that there are only two groups that know everything, and the rest of us are all boneheads. What an enlightening moment!

14. People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who do.

15. oz in SC

oz in SC Well-Known Member

If one of the naysayers could PROVE where oil comes from it would end this debate.....of course that is impossible as the production of oil cannot be replicated in a lab.

It would also throw quite a few professional doomsayers for a loop if oil didn't dry up....

And we couldn't have that because as we ALL know the world is worse off now than it ever has been....except of course it isn't-pollution is getting less,the environment ISN'T being threatened,the worlds population IS slowing down drasically and the Amazon rainforests arent being totally destroyed(It also is NOT the Earths 'lungs'... :no: )

16. poppy

poppy Guest

Careful Oz, your lack of education is showing. I don't know why folks like us have a hard time with the wackos theories. Back in the seventies they warned of a coming ice age due to pollution. Now it is global warming due to pollution.

17. Sharon in NY

Sharon in NY Well-Known Member

Yup, that's us pesky know it alls, saying that the laws of physics actually are, well, laws.

We all know that those immutable laws of physics are just liberal propaganda, designed to tick off the decent, G-d fearing folk who know better because they saw it on Bill O'Reilly's website... If it weren't for the liberals, we'd be travelling faster than light! We'd have proved that you actually want a good bit of arsenic in your water! And gravity...that's definitely the fault of liberals.

Seriously, this is really, really bad science and it has nothing to do with politics. This has nothing to do with going to college, or anything else - you don't have to have gone even to high school to recognize wacked out bad science. The thing is, some opinions really aren't as good as any other.

Sharon

18. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

................There is a Bigger issue HERE, folks. Even IF, there is an inexhaustable supply of oil inthe Middle east, We , as a country , NEED to Clearly Diminish our dependence on ALL sources of oil outside our borders with maybe the exception of Canada. We should be building Nuclear power plants like crrazy, We should be developing wind technology along with Solar cells as fast as we can fund and implement the research. Hydrogen fuel cell technology for cars and Homes should be funded at a much greater level. Then we should Utilize the existing oil\gas production to power the big internal combustion engines that power the Catapillar type for earth moving and construction jobs, and maybe the railroads, and finally the Airline industry which will never utilize Batteries to power a 747. ..............fordy... :eek: :)

19. oz in SC

oz in SC Well-Known Member

Can it be proven oil is of biological origin?

No.
    It is THOUGHT that oil comes from diatoms(single celled photosynthetic organisms) but that cannot be proven.

By the way,diatoms also eventually became diatomaceous earth.

Fordy NO-ONE will EVER again allow nuclear power plants-way too dangerous don't you know :rolleyes: .....even though it is quite safe in reality it just is considered SATANIC by a lot of people.

20. Nuclear Power is the only long term answer for the ever increasing energy demands of the USA.

Eventually..... citizens will support new contruction again.

It will certainly take much marketing and education.