Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wandering,what type of early sweet corn would be good to sell at farmers market or roadside market. Here in WV the main corp of good late season corn isnt ready to sale until mid or early aug. Was just wanting to get started selling before aug. & thought some one out there might know of a good early variaty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hank, ty for the reply.I started selling veggies about 3yrs ago, I sell ,corn beans tomatoes, squash cukes, & melons if i have them. Here in WV the beans r halfrunners,i sell them to the 2 roadside markets near here. Cant grow enough of them.Sell my corn from the back of the truck on a vacant lot at a very busy intersection near here.About a mile from here is row after row of milloin$$$$ homes so there is plenty of bussiness just a mile away.I try to stagger my stuff too, but last yr mother nature had other ideas. A very late frost & then a flood messed up that idea.lol. Like growing heirloom melons too ,going to try to do good enough with them this yr to sell a few.PPL around here like halfrunner beans,& Sweet corn sells really good too. Tomatoes & cukes sell good to & it doesnt seem to matter what kind they r as long as they r fresh & home grown.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.