Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after seeing the difference first hand of open sight vs. red dots...I took the plunge.

No, not EOTech at a few hundred bucks, but BSA 30s. Grabbed two from amazon at $29.95 each delivered free plus a laser bore sight, and two clamp on universal barrel mounts, as the guns I wanted these for do not have rails or other mounting options.

Here is my MK II. Laser says that red dot is on, and vice versa. I tried the laser before with just the iron sights, and results were the same. Need to field test soon, but waithing to live fire until our resident trooper shooter is in custody...enough LEOs up here to make popping corn get their attention.

Oh, the other red dot is a floater...until I decide which gun needs it most, then how many more to buy.

Dang, my camera needs help...water and shock proof...also good quality picture proof...sorry.
Matt

·
Registered
429 Posts
That's a good pistol. I'm happy with the iron sights on mine, I call it death lazer.

·
Super Moderator
9,430 Posts
Irons are fine out to about 25-35 yards yards then they are a little hard to get hits on small targets

a red dot makes it much better further out

you will have to let me know how you like the BSA 30 , I want to set up a red dot on a carbine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts