Duck enclosure to rabbit enclosure.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by kdalton324, Oct 20, 2017.

1. kdalton324

kdalton324 Well-Known Member

My wife and I are getting rid of our ducks this weekend. I have a 10x20 dirt floor pen that we used to keep them in. I was wondering if there were and suggestions on how to convert it into a rabbit enclosure.

2. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Well-Known Member Supporter

Rabbits Dig! Which keeps them cooler in the summer, they like to have their babies under ground if they can. Because of being on the dirt they stand a better chance of getting sick. I went into a "enclosure" that had some rabbits in it and the smell would knock you down---so I would not "enclose" it if I did that---just give them something to get under if it rained.

I have mentioned this before---If I was going to have them on the dirt I would dig down some, place some chainlinked wire down and put mounds of dirt on top. But Having my rabbits on the ground is not something I would Do because of several reasons-----I want to control the breeding and handle the young as they are growing and do not want them walking all through their poop and urine, etc, etc, etc.

3. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Well-Known Member Supporter

One other thing I wanted to add--Years back I did have my rabbits in a chainlinked pen. They were in covered top cages---I had slant drain tin under the cages---the urine went to a make-shift septic tank out back and I caught the poop on screens for the worm bins. The chainlink fence offered protection and when the Grands came I could place a couple rabbits on the ground for them to pet and not worry about the rabbits running away and have to chase them--LOL.

A pic of one set-up I had.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017