Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a KIOTE compact 4WD tractor and would like to put dual wheels on both front and rear. I hope this will help me get around better in muddy conditions in the woods. A problem I have is : Where do I search to find these dual wheels? Any suggestions?? Thank You

·
Premium Member
8,874 Posts
Just a note - most compact makers do not suggest duals for a CUT tractor, as the axles are not built for it. Most esp,. _not_ for the front axle. If you have 4wd, I would not want to put them on the front. Those front bearings are not built for that wide a spread, and at $4000-5000 each for a rebuild.....

If you are out of warrenty, iy's your call on he rears, but I'd think real long & hard on doing that to the fronts....

--->Paul

U

·
0 Posts
I too would discourage duals, especially on an entry level tractor. The wheel bearings are not designed for them.
What I would check into is wider rims and tires to give you more flotation.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I read about a guy who made tracks for his tractor. Instead of chains on the rear wheels he used "C" channel with chain links between and installed like regular chains. I think I have a link at home I'll add later. It was from a tractor board.

mikell

·
Premium Member
3,972 Posts
First question is WHY? Back maybe but front? Usually you put duals on the rear to increase weight carrying ability. With a compact adding enough weight to require duals is more than likley going to be to much for a compact.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Do you have turf thread or lug thread? Normally adding weight is the answer, water in the tires or wheel weights, ect. If the spinning is realy often you might be useing too high a gear for the conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts