Dry wall Tip

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by tkrabec, Oct 26, 2004.

1. tkrabec

tkrabec Well-Known Member

I've been working on a room in the house that had some damage from the hurricanes (not a bad thing)

I found a nice easy way to do corners (esp the ceiling to wall joint). Get a pastry bag, and thin the mud just a little, use the pastry bag and corner trowl and you will be set. I figured this out on the second half of the room and I was done in about half the time. There is a pastry bag for concrete morter I think that might work a bit better than a small pastry bag from the kitchen.

-- Tim

2. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Thanks tim,great tip;
    BooBoo

3. daeve

daeve Well-Known Member

You can also use a zip-lock type of plastic bag (freezer bags are heaver plastic and don't rip as easily when squeezing hard). Put the drywall, plaster, cement (or whatever) in it and cut a bottom corner off the size needed to apply. You can reinforce the corner with duct tape prior to cutting as a preventative measure to make it last longer.

4. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

I've used empty caulk tubes and filled them with dry wall mud. Caulk gun makes it real easy to control the flow. Then you can have fun and pipe neat decorations on the walls. I did a bathroom in fish once.

5. tkrabec

tkrabec Well-Known Member

I just wished I knew about this before I started my projects :). Tonite is sanding :( I bought one of the vaccuum sanders basically a bucket of water and a hose to the sanding. I origionall tried a cheap ziplock and it worked ok till it broke :O, no mess

--tim