Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on a room in the house that had some damage from the hurricanes (not a bad thing)

I found a nice easy way to do corners (esp the ceiling to wall joint). Get a pastry bag, and thin the mud just a little, use the pastry bag and corner trowl and you will be set. I figured this out on the second half of the room and I was done in about half the time. There is a pastry bag for concrete morter I think that might work a bit better than a small pastry bag from the kitchen.

-- Tim

·
Registered
11,300 Posts
tkrabec said:
I've been working on a room in the house that had some damage from the hurricanes (not a bad thing)

I found a nice easy way to do corners (esp the ceiling to wall joint). Get a pastry bag, and thin the mud just a little, use the pastry bag and corner trowl and you will be set. I figured this out on the second half of the room and I was done in about half the time. There is a pastry bag for concrete morter I think that might work a bit better than a small pastry bag from the kitchen.

-- Tim
Thanks tim,great tip;
BooBoo

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can also use a zip-lock type of plastic bag (freezer bags are heaver plastic and don't rip as easily when squeezing hard). Put the drywall, plaster, cement (or whatever) in it and cut a bottom corner off the size needed to apply. You can reinforce the corner with duct tape prior to cutting as a preventative measure to make it last longer.

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
I've used empty caulk tubes and filled them with dry wall mud. Caulk gun makes it real easy to control the flow. Then you can have fun and pipe neat decorations on the walls. I did a bathroom in fish once.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wished I knew about this before I started my projects :). Tonite is sanding :( I bought one of the vaccuum sanders basically a bucket of water and a hose to the sanding. I origionall tried a cheap ziplock and it worked ok till it broke :O, no mess

--tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts