Dry Shampoo

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Little Quacker in OR, May 3, 2006.

1. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

:) Hello bunny people! I just used a neat dry shampoo for my three dogs and it was given to me by a person who shows rabbits. She says she uses it on the Does before heading to a show(white).

It did a nice job on my dogs but never thought of using it on a wabbit. I suppose everyone knew about this product but me. :) Do any of you need something like this and how does it work on a really soft coat?

Thanks!

LQ

2. Terry W

Terry W Duchess of Cynicism

is this the purple stuff you are talking about?

3. Little Quacker in OR

H! Sorry 'bout not getting back..stress fracture on the foot and just forgot!

The dry shampoo is "Four Paws Magic Coat...Dry Shampoo Powder". Did a nice job on my big cattle dog, he's got a stapled up wound and can't be bathed and of course, can't go swimming. :flame: He is NOT happy! LOL

I was curious as to how well it would brush out as I know you have to be so careful about anything in the coat when showing, but, it brushed out really nicely.

LQ

4. awfulestes

awfulestes Well-Known Member

So how do you know they don't lick it off? Does that stuff leave a residue on the coat at all?

5. Little Quacker in OR

:) I can only tell you that the directions say to "put on a dry coat, brush out thoroughly" and I do. ;) It also says..."also safe for rabbits and puppies."

This "Four Paws" line of products has been around for a long time. Show people(dogs)have used them for a very long time but I was curious about how it did with the very soft coats on rabbits. :)

LQ