Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Happy Homemaker
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys just showed up and they are drilling our well right now! Please keep your prayer coming that we are able to hit good water somewhere above 150'!! That is all we were able to save money for is 150'. If they don't hit it by then we may have to have them pull up and come again later! :rolleyes:

PRAYERS PRAYER PRAYERS!
I have faith in my Lord that HE will see us through, but a few more people prayer won't hurt a bit! :)

THANK YOU!! :angel:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Good luck!

In my neighborhood, 150 feet might get you half way there! My well is 311 feet deep and the water is too hard to be potable.

Bob

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Here's hoping that at 100' they reach water that pumps out at 30 gallons per minute!! Prayers sent your way!

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Good luck

And I'm thinking 89 feet for the water (and I know nothing, just like that number).

Angie

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Michael W. Smith said:
Here's hoping that at 100' they reach water that pumps out at 30 gallons per minute!! Prayers sent your way!
I'm with Michael on this one! Let's get specific with those prayers, you never know!

·
Gimme a YAAAAY!
5,327 Posts
Highground said:
If I was gonna pray, I think it would be for hitting oil. :rolleyes:
Why? Unless you'd rather have money than water.
I love our farm and our lifestyle. I'd only want the money if there was NO water to be found on our property, because then we'd HAVE to move. No water... no livestock. JMO.

Barnyardfun,
Praying for sweet water for you and yours!

I don't know where you are in AR, but we first hit water at 150'. Not a strong enough flow. Ended up going 460', but we live on top of a mountain so that kind of makes sense.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
I'm just wondering at what depth is the well that you were sharing? I kinda think that might give some indication of about how deep you'd have to go.

And to think your hubby is getting a well for a b'day present.

Angie

·
Happy Homemaker
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, right now they are at 100' and no water! :Bawling:

Most of the wells around here are around 150' give or take a bit.

The well we were on (my parents well) I think was around 200' but it is an Artisian spring. We were really hoping to hit the same vessel.

They just put in 70' of casing so we thought they had hit water because what we understood is that they put in casing up to the point they hit water. Well when they started putting the drill back in after putting the casing in we asked what was going on. He said we hadn't hit anything...... :Bawling:

Please keep your prayers coming! WE NEED WATER! And we need to be able to pay for it. If he has to go past 150' I am not sure where we are going to get the money! :shrug:

GOD WILL PROVIDE!

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I'm praying for you to hit water at any second now. Lord Jesus, please pour forth cold. clear, cleansing water from Mother Earth, for this faithful family.

·
Happy Homemaker
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They hit water at 160'. Only 1/2 gallon a minute :Bawling: They are going to go ahead and drill to 180' so we will have a little resiviour. Guess I am going to learn how to be really frugal with water.

·
Happy Homemaker
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay. When all said and done they hit water at 100' but said it wasn't much so they kept going. By 160' they determined that we have 1/2 gallon a minute and wanted to know what we wanted to do. We let them go to 180' just to have some reservoir and pray we hit more water. 180' was the most we could do financially. They hit 180' and said we still had 1/2 gallon. When they packed up and left they blew the hole out one more time. We waited an hour and measured it (a tiny pebble sounds really neat when it hits the water in the hole! :rolleyes: ) and we hit water about 70' down! We are not experts at figuring these things out but the best we could figure it was filling up at almost 2 gallon a minute. :dance: Then we checked it again a little while ago (4 hrs after it was blown out) it was only 40' from the surface. I am thinking we have a little more then 1/2 gallon per minute down there if it is able to push water up like that! If you figure they hit water at 100' then it is pushing water up 60' above the water level. Now again, I am not an expert at this stuff, never claimed to be and don't want to be, but that sounds like a pretty good stream!

We are hoping when we get up in the morning it will be pouring out of the ground! :dance: Now please don't think that I am not appreciative for what we have! I AM! I just know how good the Lord can be and He can do some awesome things!

Thank you all so very much for your prayers! You guys are just wonderful!

GOD BLESS!

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
I'm glad they hit water, and even more glad that it appears to be acting a bit better than reported. And Miracles can and do happen.

Angie

1 - 20 of 42 Posts