Dream coming true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by btg, Dec 15, 2003.

1. btg

btg Member

I am so happy, that I just had to share it with you guys !!!!!!!!!! We are realizing our dream !!!!!!!!! We purchased our homestead of 40 acres in Missouri and will be moving on the 23rd. This has been a huge dream of ours for many years and now it is coming true !!!!!!!!!! We are so excited about all this and can hardly wait to get there. Winter is not the time to move, I know, but this is when it all happened.
    Thanks for listening to my happiness. Sorry if I posted this wrong, but I am so happy and excited. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

2. Greg_G

Greg_G Member

Where in MO?? I am from the Northeast corner (Hannibal to be specific).

Just wondering really.

3. btg

btg Member

Sorry, the Southwest area near Marshfield..But, thanks for the "wonder." :eek:

4. RenieB

RenieB Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Good for you. What a nice Christmas present.

RenieB

5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member Supporter

the 23rd- yikes!!! You must be very busy getting ready, but when you have a moment, sit down and tell us all about the new place. This is very exciting news- very happy for you and your family.

6. btg

btg Member

Yes, this is a super Christmas gift. Everything we had went into getting this place, so there will be no exchange of gifts. But, this place will be the best gift of all. We are jumping for joy and chomping at the bit to get there. We really do not care that we will be moving on Christmas. Actually, it will like receiving the most wonderful gift right on Christmas day. I can't think of a better thing !!!!

Elizabeth:
    It is 40 acres of beautiful land and home. The house is a two sided earth-berm of about 2100 sq. ft. There are not near enough out buildings, but we can remedy that situation later. There is a nice pond and some of the most beautiful pasture land. There is a lot of wooded areas for firewood. Just behind the house is a lovely spot for a garden. It really is our little piece of heaven on this earth. There are a lot of plans for the place, but we will tackle each one as they come. I want the facilities in place before we start adding new "family members" in the form of livestock.
    Thank you for the warm words of encouragement.

7. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Welcome neighbor!!! If you look on your map straight up into Dallas County,North West corner,find a little rosd YY thats where I live.

big rockpile

8. vonettrich

vonettrich Well-Known Member

I hope this isn't a tacky question, but I'm curious to know how much you paid for your homestead. How far are you from a good-sized town? Oh, and congratulations on realizing your dream!

9. btg

btg Member

Thanks Rockpile. Will try to look it up.

Vonettrich:

No, it's not a tacky question, but I would rather not say what we paid for the place. But, I will tell you that we got it at $22,000 below the appraisal. And no, there's nothing wrong with it. Just an unfortunate state of affairs with the previous owner concerning children.
    We are about 16 miles from a fair sized town and about 38 miles :haha: from Springfield, which is a good sized city.
    Thank you for the congratulations. We are very happy and can't wait to get there. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

10. big rockpile

vonettrich I talked to my Brother in Law the other day his place is just about like that but in Central Missouri,he said his place was appraised at $100,000.

big rockpile

11. btg

btg Member

Rockpile,
    Went to the map and found your road. Looks like it's a short one.
    Thanks.
    Maybe someday we can meet face to face.

12. big rockpile

btg we go down to Springfield all the time to visit the kids.And we shop over in Lebanon a lot.

Yelp maybe you will see my old ugly mug. :haha:

big rockpile

13. btg

btg Member

When we get settled in and halfway sorted out, I will send you our phone number and maybe we can meet and have lunch somewhere. How does that sound?? If you haven't heard from me in a couple of weeks, give me e-mail and "wake" me up. O.K?

14. Joy in Eastern WA

Joy in Eastern WA Well-Known Member

Congrats btg! What a great Christmas gift to yourself!!!!

Post some pictures of it soon!

15. btg

btg Member

Thanks Joy. I'll try to let you see it some time in the future. O.K???
    We are still so excited. My husband and I can not wait to get there.
    I can't keep from grinning all the time !!
    :D :haha: :D :haha: :D :haha:

16. bulldinkie

bulldinkie Well-Known Member

Great news good luck...We bought our 40 acre farmstead middle of winter.We spent a year restoring. Moved in following year Love it dont ever plan to move.We raise registered texas longhorn cattle,horses,mini domnkeys this is our dream...Merry Christmas..

17. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Glad you got what you wanted!

We bought one place (a dairy farm with 320 acres owned, and 320 government lease land for grazing), and only first saw it in the winter. No problem, it just kept getting better and better, every time some area was uncovered from the snow, or started to bloom or grow.

Have the time of your life, enjoy!

Alex

18. btg

btg Member

Hey,
    We have seen this place without snow and it is beautiful. We are already planning and "building things" in our minds and hearts.
    I hope the weather will hold out for us to get in there and not get stuck with the big truck. After we get in, it can snow all it wants.
    We are so thrilled to be getting this place and to be able to plan and then make all those dreams happen. What a blessing this little piece of heaven is to us. Truly, a dream come true. We're jumping for joy !!!!!!!!

19. deberosa

deberosa SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!

I am really happy for you also. I know how thrilled I was when I reached that milestone this year. I spent my vacation hanging out on my place before I even officially owned it. ;-)

20. btg

btg Member

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you that congratulated us and wished us well. We should be there no later than Monday. It will be a Christmas to remember !!!!!!!!!!! No tree, no lights, no tinsel, no big feast. Just us, enjoying each other with our dream wrapped around us. What a memory this will be !!!!!!!!!!!
    I want to wish everyone a joyous holiday season and a very happy new year. !!
    Blessings to all !!!