Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if you have any good drawings for easy built outside rabbit cages?

In Sweden wire floors in rabbit cages is illegal if you don't have Production rabbits, but yesterday I put wire floor in one of my cages. And I can only say that I'm very satisfied with the result!
Now I'm gonna install that in new cages I build. :rolleyes:

Stupid laws that don't allow wire floor for showing rabbits, wire floor is better for the rabbits.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
I don't have pictures, but we have hanging wire cages although ours are inside. Make sure you have babysaver wire, or your babies will fall right out through the wire, and that's a pretty sad thing to go out and find babies either hanging there dead by just their little heads or too cold on the ground, and dead. Also, you might want to put something inside on the floor of the cage to let the rabbit step off of the wire, to help prevent sore hocks. I have about an 8-1/2 x 11 size board in my cages, and for large rabbits, like Flemish Giants, I have 2 to 3 of those in line so they can lay down on them and get off of the wire.

Hope this helps! What's your weather like there now? We are getting a thunderstorm here in Iowa today.

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
I don't think you need wire all over the floor. You can put a piece of board or something like that in the center of the hutch. They aim for the edges when they urinate and that's really what you want out of there.

Jennifer

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dunroven said:
What's your weather like there now? We are getting a thunderstorm here in Iowa today.
In Sweden we have about 20 degrees celsius and rain..This summer the weather have been really bad in southern Sweden rain rain and more rain. And with all that raining it have been many floods..

Jennifer L: I'm going to have a piece of board for them to rest theirs paws on. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.