Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dove shoot today and one nephew was in the garden picking stuff.He got hit in the eye Big shouting match and sister is selling her house and six acres. Sister's husband/ my brother In law was in charge. My brother's son was the one hit. We weren't hunting but I was in the back messing with the 6920 Colt... His eye is fine but I might have to buy them out.... Like a soap opera " General Hospital'...

·
Registered
35,821 Posts
Time for a vacation.

Reactions: TripleD

·
Shazbot!
5,678 Posts
I'm with EV on this one. I'm glad the lad's eye is good!

Good luck keeping the peace.

If someone low shoots and hits us, we just shoot back immediately. It's the same distance for all and usually they get the message clearly the first time. Most times we are better shots. Feels like running into a hornets nest.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Tell the boy he should have been working harder. Hard to get hit in the eye when your bent over picking weeds or vegetables. Might get hit in the butt……

:)

Realistically, good thing the eye is ok, things can go wrong easy. Best of luck with the family.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure Thanksgiving this year will be awesome for you guys.
It's going to be heck! The house and six acres is probably 400k. Told dad we might have to buy it. He said there wasn't any we and he would take care of it!!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Do you know Ram Dass? He's spiritual teacher. He has a saying "If you think you are Enlightened, try spending a week with your family!"

Glad to hear the eye is okay, that's a scary moment.

Here's another good family quote I saw a couple holidays back "The holidays with family are a trip. A trip to the liquor store!"

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
These new generation kids are so weak. I used to flip targets and hide in a fox hole with splinters and jacket fragments flying all over the place. An eye patch would have made me the coolest kid in school. A friend of mine had an older brother that would shoot by his head when he stepped around a corner and say "you have to be tough, you have to be ready".

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It escalated quickly yesterday when I went to retrieve my tractor. Shoved into the tractor and to the ground. Sister took bil to his mom's house. He was begging for me to shoot him. Sister drove the tractor to my house... He needs counseling or a change of his medicines.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think HDrider has a picture of my arm. I'm not good at all this!...

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Family or not, you need to get away from those toxic people.
Nobody needs that kind of drama in their life.
I can't leave. Too much time and labor. I'm dug in like an Alabama tick. That's a movie quote 😝...

·
Premium Member
28,225 Posts
Josey Wales, IIRC, I think I remember that line.

Maybe some pepper spray or a taser would be helpful next time you have to go over there.

Counseling won't stop anger issues. You have more restraint than me. I would have pressed charges and sent him to the psyche ward.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts