She is a Longhorn/Corriente that calved in early December. She's been doing well until three days ago. We saw her in the morning, laying (on her belly, not flat out) in the same place she was the night before. I went out to rouse her and she got up to her knees to try to run me off, but couldn't get all the way up. DH went out and tried to help her up, to no avail. We built a skid and brought her into a stall, dried her off (it's been in the 40s and rainy), fed her hay, pellets and watered her. We brought her calf in with her, for comfort, but he's not nursing. She doesn't seem to be making any milk at this point, anyway. She has no fever, no bloating, etc. She's skinny, wasn't dehydrated until this morning. She would lay on her belly, has tried to get up once or twice (the first day.) Since then, we occasionally find her on her side, but we can get her back up on her belly and she seems happy for it. But, by yesterday afternoon, she seemed weaker...when we got her up, she was a bit wobbly. This morning, she was flat out again and it took two of us to her up. She is less alert, and her head is a bit wobbly like she's dizzy. Today, she is showing no interest in food/water. The rest of the herd (5 more cows) looks great. Two have older calves who nurse very occasionally, the rest are open with no calves. Possibly a case of malnutrition, since she's lactating and on spring grass. We've had round bales out there all winter, but the last one was gone recently. We went and picked up more, of course, but there was a few days without one. We have electrolytes, we've given her B-complex injections, and we could intubate her or do IV...if we can get a hold of IV gear and fluids. (Will the vet sell you them?) We also have overhead pipes and could hoist her up if that would help....but I don't think she could stand, so I doubt that would help any. Down here, for some dumb reason, large animal vets all have an office like the small animal folks. They expect you to bring IN the sick cattle or horse. Being a northern girl, it beats me...ranks up at the top of "Dumb Things I've Learned about Regional Differences." Anyway, we could get a vet out here with a $200 farm call fee on top of the after hours fee, exam fee and all the other costs. Before he even treated her, our bill would be more than we paid for her. We won't let her suffer, but right now, she seems content. Just very weak. Any advice is greatly appreciated. She's the closest cow we have to tame. I'd hate to lose her.