Dorset Sheep

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by cedargrove, Nov 6, 2004.

1. cedargrove

cedargrove Well-Known Member

This may be pre-mature but I would like to find a source of Dorset lambs (just a couple) to raise for meat in the North East part of Kansas around Jefferson County. Any help out there????? thanks!

2. Craftyshepherdess

Craftyshepherdess Active Member

I'm nowhere near your neck of the woods, but you might get good results posting this to the barter board. Also, both "Sheep!" and "The Shepherd" magazines have breeder listings w/locations in the back. There's also a "Production Dorset Breeders" Yahoo group, I betcha could find someone, or at least a referral there.

Happy Hunting!

-Tish

3. cedargrove

cedargrove Well-Known Member

THANKS for your help !!!!! TISH

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I was speaking to a man in Jetmore about purchasing a Dorset ram-lamb. If you'd like PM me and I can give you his Email address. You can also go here:

http://www.nebraskasheep.com/directory

5. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Hmm that directory looks like it would deserve a link from our directory here too! Thanks!

6. stellie

stellie Well-Known Member

Erg! No where near Kansas. At any rate, I second the Sheep! and The Shepherd magazines (not only are they good for the classifieds, but you can keep up to date with what is going on in the sheep industry). I'd also like to point out that the Continental Dorset Club (CDC) has an online members list from 2003-04 as a .pdf file.

http://www.dorsets.homestead.com/Directory-2003-2004.pdf

You need adobe acrobat reader to view this document.

Good luck!