Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a doo rag pattern on line. My husband rides a motorcycle and is always looking fo a new rag, so i thought I would make him some custom ones.

I have been doing searches all over the 'net and can't seem to find a printable pattern. Am I just looking under the wrong things??? ack...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Bluez

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Are you looking for a bandana type? or a visorless baseball cap like what welders wear under their welding headgear?

Or does he have an older one you could trace a pattern from?

Angie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for the bandana type one.

He won't let me near his old ones.... as he only has a couple.

Bluez

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is it!!!!! ~*~*~ doing a happy dance ~*~*~

Thank you so much for helping me ....

I am off to sew now. Maybe I can get real good at making them and maybe start selling them at his shop. They don't have any in there for sale.

Thanks once again

Bluez

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Very good. And selling them at his shop sure sounds like a nice little cottage industry.

If you do it, remember - you can charge it off as a hobby business or business on taxes....

Angie

·
Registered
40 Posts
I actually bought a couple bandanna doo rags from Wal-Mart, and took one of them apart so I'd have a pattern to go by.

thanks for the site...I can't wait to check it out.
Deanna

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took an old apart (he finally let me do it) and made him a couple, had to make some minor adjustments, but he likes them...I have a few ideas like putting some netting on the sides to let air flow to see how that works.

Happy Sewing!!!!

Bluez

·
chickaholic goddess
2,740 Posts
I took one of ours apart and made some that way. I have TONS of hair so I need a slightly bigger one than the ones I can buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts