Don't Feel Like Celebrating

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by jejabean, Dec 31, 2004.

1. jejabean

jejabean Well-Known Member

Is it just me? With so much of the World in misery, I just don't feel like celebrating New Year's Eve tonight.

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

You can quitely celebrate a New Year to make things better....

HAPPY NEW YEAR
    and may the world look better for you and yours and everyone else. This coming year.

AngieM2

3. Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny Well-Known Member

Never been much of a New Year's celebrator anyway. We'll likely just have some shrimp and watch television - unless I can convince my hubby to order us some chinese food - haven't had it in awhile.

4. vicki in NW OH

vicki in NW OH Well-Known Member

Nope, we will probably just make some tacos, sit by the woodstove and snooze. Going to Mass in the morning, and then to my BIL's to play some cards tomorrow afternoon. I just do not get New Year's Eve; are ya supposed to be happy about the new year, or sad about the old year?

5. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

New Years Eve is a celebration of the "New" year and the hope it brings.

6. jejabean

jejabean Well-Known Member

Just noticed your name...how strange...when my babies were little, they would get cold at night, and jump in my bed and say 'Mom, can we snugglebunny?" I never heard that term before until now...weird!

7. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

To quote the Queen of England, "This has not been my favorite year".

Well. I will be glad to see a new year anyways. I am hoping for a better one.

As for not celebrating, we have never enjoyed going out in a crowd of ANY sort! We usually just have snacks and a few drinks at home. The kids get to sleep on the living room floor as a treat. It is more of a toast than a celebration.

8. YuccaFlatsRanch

YuccaFlatsRanch Well-Known Member Supporter

Each day and each year are what YOU make it. YOU can decide if it is going to be a good one or a bad one. YOU are in control of your mood.

This past year has not been great OVERALL, but there are many many things for me to be thankful for, and I CHOOSE to celebrate those things, not fret over the bad things.

I also expect good things to occur in the New Year and plan to concentrate my thoughts on them.

MY GLASS IS AT LEAST HALF FULL - also part empty, but the empty part is what I have already consumed and enjoyed.