Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep!
The last grommit is in the stage curtain for the ice rink. It's ready to hang! Yeah!!!!!! Happy Dance :banana02::banana02::banana02:

then the fabric base for the 24 foot growing Christmas tree, green on one side, white on the other - it's ready for the engineer to take it, put the horizontal spines in the tubes in the back, and rig up decorations and how to raise and lower it.

The sewing for Nutcracker Suite on Ice that I said I'd do - It's DONE!!!!

I'm lucky, oldest daughter was angry at someone, so she came up with her hubby to help put in the grommits. I offered her hammering and calling it any name she wanted. :D
then John took over the cutting out the circles for the center of the grommit, and Pam got to hammer!

So, I got to finish the Christmas Tree!

I've not brought home the sewing machine and extra fabric, and such - just in case of tweaking, ya' know.

140 yards of fabric for the 3 section stage curtain.
40 yards of fabric for the growing Christmas tree!

Yeah!!!!

(I'll have to get a photo or two for you. The curtain is not hung until Dec 11th, but I can sorta give you an idea of it and the tree.)

Angie

·
notenoughtime
540 Posts
You know I was just wondering if I had missed the post and you had finished your BIG project. Congrats, now remember to pull up a chair, sit and smile for you have done a great job. Then take a couple of pictures (to post) so we can smile for you to!:)

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Last week when I was hemming it. This is one section on the sewing desks, this is from where I was sitting and sewing.

this is where we were stretching it out, measureing and bending straight pins while pinning up the hem. (14 ft 2 inches long with a 4 inch hem)

Pam watching John put in grommits in the top of the 3rd panel of curtain!

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The white side of the 24" growing Christmas tree, Pam and John working on the grommits for the curtain.

this is the green side of the Christmas tree. Now the engineer can run a bendable stick thru the curtain rod pocket behind each seam. They'll have to decorate it as they wish.

Angie

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Congratulations Angie, mission accomplished! It must feel good to get that huge project finished. I can't wait to see it hung.

And I'd like to see pics of the tree too. I don't quite 'get' what's going on there.lol

Halo

·
Hangin out at the barn!
826 Posts
Ooooo.... you'll have to show us a finished and hanging photo! I bet it will be beautiful! Congrads on such a BIG project.

·
Knitting Rocks!
5,783 Posts
Wow Angie! that is all I can think of,,,, just Wow!

I would be totally burned out after that sewing project.
I hemmed 4 curtains for the church drama department, and was *done* when I got that finished.
my hat is off to ya! :cowboy:

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
:banana02::banana02::banana02:I am soooooo glad you are finally finished with the curtain, I can not imagine sewing something that big, we do sew large things are work, but then we have big tables and that makes it easier and we also use the buddy system, to bad you don't live closer, you could have let us help with the grommits at least.
bopeep

1 - 15 of 15 Posts