Donation to help a homesteading family

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by awfulestes, Apr 22, 2006.

1. awfulestes

awfulestes Well-Known Member

I am in Yelville , Arkansas. Anyone know of some family near me that could use 2 New Zealand mixed does. They are 5 weeks old. It would be a little help up to maybe raise thier own meat. I know alot of people have lost everything here lately or just don't have much. This is my way to help. Just a thought.

2. MaggieJ

MaggieJ Well-Known Member Supporter

What a nice idea! I send my surplus eggs to the food bank, but this is an idea that will allow a family to have a continued benefit and a leg up toward self-sufficiency. Of course, they will need a buck too....

3. awfulestes

The only extra bucks I have right now are the brothers.LoL. Unrelated litter due next weekend.

4. BeatrixP

BeatrixP Active Member

I'm near Eureka Springs and would be happy to donate a broken blue rex buck and a broken black doe to the deal if that would help. Both are ready and eager to get the process started:)

5. awfulestes

Oh, I am sorry , Don't know anyone in Eureka Springs. Thank you for the thought. You may find a good family to help out now I have planted the seed in your mind . LOL. I am helping a family closer to me start over with new rabbits . They got some from an auction and are now sick with snuffles or something. Cleaning everything and learning as they go. The 13 year old is very heart broken but willing to start again. Now that is being tuff. If any of you homesteaders go visit friends and relatives that have lost alot in a natural disaster, and have to come through my way, let me know and I will see what rabbits I have ready and send what I can with you. Fixing to start making cages and may have a couple to go with what I send. Thanks for thinking of others!!!!