Domain name advice

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by snoozy, Feb 8, 2005.

Which domain name is best?

1. teaboyexpress.com

2. freshtea2you.com

3. freshteaexpress.com

4. none of the above (any ideas?)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. snoozy

snoozy Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm putting together a website for my online tea business. It will be a website for selling fine loose leaf teas and teaware, aimed at discerning tea drinkers. The feature which I want to push is a service whereby people can set up a customizable monthly tea order, so they never run out or have to worry about it. (Serious tea junkies know they gotta have it, so they may as well have fresh, excellent tea turn up conveniently in their mailbox!) I have designed a little retro advertizing character named "Teaboy", who is like a bellhop with a teapot head cheerfully speeding a cup of tea to you.

Given the emphasis on the standing order service as well as quality teas, which of the domain names do you think is best, and why?

2. Darren

Darren Still an :censored:

I've always liked short URLs. Much easier to remember and type. Why not T2U.com or QT2U.com?

3. snoozy

Ones that simple are already taken. Also, if your URL is similar to others, customers can be sent to the competition by a typo!

4. snoozy

Nobody here likes teaboyexpress? In my polling of people I know, it's neck and neck with freshtea2you. Hmmn. Marketing research is a curious science!

5. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

A friend of ours is doing a website for us next month. We are raising Australian Shepherds with her. Do you have any suggestions for a domain name; where to obtain it; how much a hosting company will cost; costs in general?

6. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

I agree with the easier the better scheme. Mine is www.nakedpines.com I have a small farm and do woodworking (nakedpines) and stone workings. So how about something like greattea.com or besttea.com or wantsometea.com or buytea.com

7. Janon

Janon 993cc Geo Metro

I think you've already found a name and don't even know it.

teajunky.com

teajunkies.com

Both are available, catchy, unique and easy to remember.

cheers,

8. mistletoad

mistletoad Well-Known Member Supporter

If you check out keyword searches you will find the terms that people use when searching for tea are things like green tea, herbal tea, tea pot, tea bag, tea kettle, tea cup, etc. When you choose a domain name you need to give careful thought to why people would be searching for you - obviously you can answer that best yourself by reviewing your business plan and target group.
    If you can get a high keyword density on your homepage as well as in your domain name you will get a much better placement on the search engines.
    Freshloosetea.com is available and seems to hit your keywords.

9. MorrisonCorner

MorrisonCorner Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs

You can also have two URLs point to the same address. I recommend my clients use two URLs if their business name is difficult to remembr or spell, one is the business name, one is what I call the "60 MPH URL." The URL which someone blasting past your truck at 60 mph and seeing your logo would remember.

Tea2You.com for example, is easy to remember at 60 mph.

www.FrelsiFarm.com is hard to remember: www.MaineSheepFarm.com isn't. So they have both. One for most of their print media and one because that's their business name.

T

10. snoozy

That's a smart strategy!! Thanks!

11. primitiveliving

primitiveliving New Member

If you'd like to see what the most popular searches for the term tea were for the past month,you can find out here....http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

My choices from your selections would be teaboyexpress and freshteaexpress.I'd probably buy both,use teaboyexpress and redirect freshteaexpress to it.I'm partial to made up names like teaboyexpress,but the latest rage in domain names are keyword domains,which could include freshteaexpress,depending what the search numbers were for fresh tea.
    I'd advise against using numbers in your name...it's seems amateur and lacks professionalism to me.
    Just my opinion:)

12. Oggie

Oggie Waste of bandwidth Supporter

In my quick check, "cupoftea.com" and "tea4me.com" didn't seem to be assigned

13. snoozy

That's an interesting little tool -- thanks for the link!

Quite a number of people have expressed dislike of numbers in URLs, particularly this type of phonetic abbreviation. I don't like it myself -- looks like people are sending telegrams from steeerage on the Titanic and are being charged by the keystroke :haha: . I was just trying to keep it short, and also when I see '...toyou...' all crammed together, the word toy or toyo leaps out at me.

14. snoozy

Does anyone have any opinions or advice on whether to choose ".com" vs ".biz"?

15. Mastiff

Mastiff Well-Known Member

Looks like tealand.com as well as teatreats.com
    are avalliable.

Get the .com name...