Doing a Little Drinking

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by big rockpile, Nov 28, 2006.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Yea I know,but I'm not getting Drunk.Not sure if this is good considering my Health problems lately,but Oh Well!

I'm usually a Wiskey and Beer man.But for some reason I'm trying Rum :shrug: Not bad!!

Whats your Poison and why?

big rockpile

2. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

I enjoy wine every once in awhile. I've heard it aids in digestion and it sure relaxes me. :)

3. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Unapologetically me Supporter

I keep a bit of balckberry brandy just to warm my toes on a cold night, but my usual drink is diet pepsi, milk or orange juice.

4. arabian knight

arabian knight Miniature Horse lover Supporter

A few days ago I heard some real wine drinkers had a wine taste test. Testing the MOST cheapest wine to the very best. Both Red and White wine. There wee ALL in agreement that Winking Owl Tasted the BEST for a Red Wine. Everyone did,,,,, and guess what that is the cheapest wine out there and purchased at ALDI"S~!! yes that is correct. Aldi's Now this is for RED only NOBODY Choose the Winking Owl for White wine in the test. So I am going to buy a bottle and see if my friends like this Cheap wine available at Aldi's :)

5. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Formerly LisainN.Idaho Supporter

Red wine in winter, white wine in summer, Espresso Martinis (yummy) on special occasions. But before anyone thinks I'm a tosspot, I only drink a couple of glasses of wine a week.

6. Lisa in WA

Blackberry brandy sounds good! Can you buy it or do you have to make it?

7. auntielisababe

auntielisababe Well-Known Member

Oh... I like Good red and White wine. Single malt Scotch. Gin and tonics in the summer. Good dark beer..... Dark and Stormys. Campari and Soda. A martini every now and then, Although I've been nursing for the past two years, so my alcohol comsumption has been way down.

Lisa

8. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Kamikazes. I can drink them all night. As long as I don't stand up or dance, I stay sober. It's those trips to the ladies room that kill me..............lol. Been sober a long time. Sure miss those things.

9. omnicat

omnicat Well-Known Member

Ack. My poison is cigarettes. I hate it. I only smoke a few a day (3-5), but I sometimes can't stand myself. DH smokes, and has been saying he wants to quit for years, but nothing comes of it. I've quit about 7 times in the past 5 years, but it's hard to stay quit when he smokes - even though it's restricted to the room that is separate (heat and air-wise) from the rest of the house, and separated by an unheated ulitity room).

As for drinking - I have faulty plumbing myself - so alcohol is a fast-track to a nasty UTI. I can drink once in awhile - but I have to plan for it by heavily hydrating a day ahead, or I'll be sorry. Plus, I'm a pathetic lightweight. 1 drink does it. 1 & 1/2 and I'm embarassingly rosy-cheeked. 2, and I'm plastered. Call me "cheap date". Wine or liquor - never could stomach beer.

10. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

Rum & Diet Coke if I go out which isn't often. :Bawling: At home it's Diet Pepsi or Coffee, maybe iced tea if it's above 85 degrees. :)

11. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Unapologetically me Supporter

I buy it.
    Big bottle at Wal-Mart for around 9 bucks.
    That will get me through a winter with some to spare. :)

12. Lynne

Lynne Well-Known Member

Most times I just drink Coors light and maybe a shot of Skyy or Mescal. However at this very moment the “poison” of choice is some chocolate truffle petits fours.

13. Farmer Willy

Farmer Willy Well-Known Member Supporter

Vodka, gin, tequilla, scotch, rum, brandy, apple schnapps, corn liquor, wine or beer: they all have their time and place.

Haven't had bourbon in 25 yrs---got so sick on it I can't stand the smell of it now.
    Ameretto, ouzo, any other schnapps, jager meister, and just about any other sticky sweet cough syrup or anise tasting stuff you can keep.

How often? Maybe beer every 3 weeks, liquor maybe once a month. Head thumping benders--I try to avoid them like the plauge, getting too old for that, seems like lately they're trying to sneak up on me, have to stay vigillant. The Mrs. is good for 1 or 2 drinks a year tops.

Drink of preference---coffee hands down! Water and Diet Pepsi coming in second and third. Earl Grey gets an honorable mention.

14. lonelytree

lonelytree Guest

I like a beer around a camp fire or with dinner. Alaskan Amber or Miller.

Watching TV, surfing the internet or playing pool, I like tequila with orange juice.

Rum or whiskey and coke is fine too. In the winter, cinnamon Schnapps with apple cider served warm!!

Sometimes I get a good buzz going too!

15. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to try espresso martinis sometime. That sounds really like a good coffee drink.

My 'poisin' is very little and very occasional. Labatt's extra dry beer with a meal every now and then, or an Ontario Blush wine. Winter occasional shot of peach schnapps after a good cross country ski outing. wild currant brandy is pretty soothing once in a while.

16. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

Tequilla. Preferably with no label, clear and a scorpion in the bottle. Sometimes I'll even put some lime in it. Jose Cuervo is NASTY stuff that will rot your innards out though. And I'll have the occassional beer, maybe once every other month. And I only drink about twice a year...enough that I'm singing or dancing. I've learned to stay on the tequilla and I stay "sober" enough not to forget anything I've done or start taking clothes off.

If I'm drinking wine, I like it dry but fruity. Sangria is my absolute fav with Reisling coming in 2nd. Really dry wine makes me have bad headaches and really sweet wine makes me sick to my stomach.

We'll have mead at ritual which I also like a lot but since I don't make it, I can't find any.

17. dale

dale Well-Known Member

I drink Diet Pepsi straight.

dale

18. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

I like red wine with dinner, or a nice dark beer. I'm also a port fan, and I like the occasional single malt scotch.

19. Lisa in WA

Oh they're wonderful. Equal parts of vanilla vodka, kahlua, and espresso shaken with ice, strained and served with an espresso bean. :)

20. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Drambuie, for all you uneducated drinkers..... :cool: