Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of our 5 dogs, 2 have taken to licking the entire carpet in the livingroom and also the couches. Both are pregnant and did lick before but nothing like they do now. This goes on all day long, they eat, lick and sleep and that's it. Anyone know why they do this?

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
My border collie cross will lick the carpet (2 yr old spayed female) and even pull up small pieces of it :( I always tell her "no" when I catch her liking the carpet and that seems to help. I always figured that she caught a scent of something "good" like a drop of food or something.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Maybe they need a vitiman or mineral they are not getting from the food. Try giving them a multi-vitiman and see if that helps.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Bella does that especially if we've been less than perfect eating in the carpeted areas. :rolleyes: We've corrected her enough now that just saying stop makes her quit. But when she was a puppy she was relentless! :help:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about them maybe having a vitamin Deficiency also. Can they have a regular multi human vitamin or should I go to the pet store and see what they have?, I don't think that they're bored they have all kinds of toys and people to play with almost all of the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts