We're evacuating if Ivan continues our way. Taking the travel trailer and our three dogs and heading north for a few days. Any nice places ya'll recommend that will let us park and camp with dogs?
Thanks Debbie. I don't know exactly where we are going- depends on the trajectory. It keeps shifting east and west and we cnan't be caught so far from home in a storm that prevents us from getting back. It's really touch and go and I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. :waa:swamp_deb said:Let me know if I can help you with more particular information. I am in South Georgia and have books with campgrounds listed and have camped at several for weekend getaways.
I hear you Jan. It sucks so many people went through so much trouble and heartache. I still know people without electricity. We were going to evacuate for Frances but our destination was Tampa to stay at a friend's vacant home- and I kept thinking it was a stupid destination. In retrospect, we made the right decision by staying but it is a risk we all take: whether to stay or leave. We'll keep checking the trajectory, strength, and speed. Meanwhile we're prepared to stay or leave but constantly praying to stay. Thanks for reminding me about Motel 6- we used to stay there on our trips w/ our Great Dane and RottieJan Doling said:We evacuated to Jacksonville for Frances. The first night we arrived at midnight thanks to I95 turning into a parking lot instead of a thru-way. I tried to put the dog in the rear of the van to sleep, but she barked, so I snuck her into the room & then woke up every hour or so to make sure I got her back to the van before daylight. I had to stay at the van with her until the front desk opened that morning. I asked if they knew where I could board a dog. THe clerk gave me a funny look & said "Why don't you just take her to your room? Motel 6 is "Pet-friendly". The dog was ecstatic to spend 4 days in air conditioned comfort!
The drive was miserable both ways. No rest rooms were available & there was no gas on the way home. The trip took 4 times longer than normal. We will stay home for Ivan...if the flood goes down enough to get home after work today!