Dog flatulance.

Discussion in 'Working and Companion Animals' started by Ardie/WI, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

I learned something today---never ever feed a dog homemade rye bread with leftover meatloaf in it! The air around Goldie is a sickly greenish color and he keeps trying to leave the room!

He rarely gets table scrapes except for lean meats, poultry and a occasional egg, but yesterday we were low on his dog food!

That will teach me!

2. Dutchie

Dutchie Well-Known Member Supporter

Well DUH Ardie :p

My Jack Russell goes on the road with me all the time and loves to eat what I eat, the spicier the better.

His stomach must be made of steel, but his pooh farts are VERY bad :help:

3. Tricky Grama

Tricky Grama Well-Known Member

Ardie-

Shame on you-blaming the dog!

Patty :)

4. Ardie/WI

Roger took him outside while he cut wood, hoping he'd get it out of his system.

Goldie went out in the fields and rolled in something long dead. Oy vey! If it weren't so damp and chilly, he'd be sleeping in the back room!

5. Charleen

Charleen www.HarperHillFarm.com Supporter

I hear you Ardie. We adopted Sadie just about a month ago and we're still trying out dog foods to see what's best for her. Once we got the animal shelter food out of her system, the air was better but it seems like she's a pooping machine. She must go at least 6 times a day. I'm not used to this- our other dogs were maybe 2 times or 3 at the most. We've added kefir to her diet and we've tried 3 different kinds of dried food from cheapo to high-end.

6. Ardie/WI

Cooked rice might help the poop machine!