Dog delivery dude?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ed Norman, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Ed Norman

Ed Norman Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the info on the guy who will deliver a dog anywhere in the country for $100?

2. Corgitails

Corgitails Well-Known Member

No one reputable is that cheap- at those rates, he's DEFINATELY not licensed.

Mind you, I deliver dogs for friends (you guys are friends :D) and family just for cost of gas feed me when I get there, LOL- and I'm not licensed or insured or any of that, but $100 isn't NEAR enough to cover things if he's properly licensed and insured. He might be a nice guy who takes great care of your pet, and he might not, so I'd check things out carefully.

Fur & Feathers van lines charges about $300 for a TX to NY run; Transpet is somewhat less. There are other van lines out there but those were the two I got quotes from when I was looking to get Indy up to NY after I first moved.

If the dog is coming from a rescue group, you can also Google for Canine Underground Railroad (CUR Network), which helps arrange transport FREE for rescue dogs.

Cait

3. Pops2

Pops2 Well-Known Member

i haven't heard of anyone doing it so cheap, but if you want i'll give you the info for flying diamond dog hauling & redwing hound haulers.

4. Ed Norman

Thanks for the replies. I talked to the breeder in Texas and he said there were two guys who each charged $100 anywhere. He couldn't recall their names, though. Maybe they are the ones you know of, Pops2. What are their names? Texas to Idaho for $100 is a fine deal.

5. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

How could anyone afford the TRIP to anywhere in the country for 100$? Let alone take care of a dog...

6. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Perhaps he is delivering several dogs to different places at once?

7. Corgitails

Corgitails Well-Known Member

southern - that's what all these guys do, and you still couldn't do it for that price. $100 is JUST about the gas from TX to Idaho in a van.

8. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

:) Ed, I know this is not what you are looking for but would it be possible to meet someone half way to get the dog? In the past if the breeders I purchased a pup from were far away they would always meet me halfway for the transfer.

I've met people in some pretty much out of the way places but it was fun, and it's a neat thing spending some time on the road with a new pup or dog.

Just a thought. :)

Some of the pet forums might have links to what you are looking for but I would be very picky about who transported a dog of mine anywhere!

Good luck, LQ

9. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

For ~$170.00 you can fly a dog from one coast to another...why drive them?

10. Ed Norman

Westbrook, the breeder said he used to pay $120 to fly pups, they just raised it to $390. Andif a vet on the other end doesn't like something, he has 48 hours to send the pup back and he gets nailed for another $390.

shygal, if the guy drives a big circuit and drops off dogs the whole way, he might make some money.

LQ, alright, I'll drive to Kansas. I have to go in December to shoot some deer anyway. Then it's only another day to his part of Texas.

BTW, does anyone know a good breeder for jagdterriers?

11. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho Well-Known Member Supporter

12. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

I know, but what if you deliver 10 dogs along the way?

13. Cindy in KY

Cindy in KY Well-Known Member

Shipping pups by air is always $170 for under 50lbs, crate & pup. Crate costs about $30-40. Health certificate is usually $10. It's the same price all over the country, except Alaska is about $50 higher. You can ship 2 puppies in the same crate for the same price, as long as the lbs don't go over 50. I always advertise on my site where pup is flying, so hopefully we'll get another to go with them, and the pups can have company. Works out great. American Airlines has Priority Parcel for this price, so outside temps don't matter, as pups never go outside, they go counter to counter, inside the terminals.

I try to get rides for my pups for trips under a day, as a 3 or 4 day trip is kinda hard on their tummys. Flying is much easier on them than riding in a truck for 3 days.

If you find out who the guys are, post it on here, as I am always looking for short rides for pups & dogs. A couple years ago there was a gal who's extra job was picking up and delivering horse trailors all over, and she would take them for $100. Her name started with a J, Jan-Jean-Joan, can't remember. I'll look and see if I still have her # anywhere. What kind of pup is it?