Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got atleast 3 very dog broke adult wethers for sale, hair and hair/wool crosses, suitable for test level training, and used to all breeds of dogs, upright and loose eyed mostly ( aussies, bc mixes, shelties, collies, catahoulas, german shepherds, chow/bc/something somethings, corgis), but work fine for Border Collies. I'd like to replace them with a St. Croix ewe, as eventually that's what I would like to have the majority of my working herd be. The boys aren't halter broke, but friendly enough. Also one very small horned cheviot/Dorper ( I think) ram lamb, solid black - he's a yearling, underfed I think where he was at the time, works fine for dogs - horns are really coming in pretty and starting to curl.

Heck, I'd be happy enough to sell them, and turn around a buy a st. croix ewe. Located in central NC, may be driving down to GA/AL this fall to pick up a calf, could bring them with me I think, or pick up a st. croix there.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Good luck with your St. Croix flock - we absolutely love ours. We have 10 sheep now (all St. Croix) and have 3 ewes ready to deliver for the second time in 8 mo any day now. They have been healthy, no worm or delivery or other health or mothering problems what so ever - granted, we have only had them for about 1 1/2 years but have had no problems what so ever - compared to our goats they are miraicles. LOVE them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! That's exactly why I want them - my guys make their living walking around, and I'd like a breed that can be productive and easier to deal with given the job they do!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.