Does your dog like Peanut Butter?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by OldYellersGhost, Mar 30, 2005.

1. OldYellersGhost

OldYellersGhost Well-Known Member

I knew a cat once that always tried to sneak away the cheeto's bag.

What's your dog (or cat's) absolute favorite junk food?

2. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Not a cat or dog, but I got a bunny that loves nothing more then Campbells creme of tomato soup! lol, she's a riot!

3. blazingguns

blazingguns Well-Known Member

Both my dogs just love those Vanilla wafer cookies!!!!!!!

4. WanderingOak

WanderingOak Well-Known Member

It could be just curiosity, but my cat is fascinated with red wine. I've caught her seveal times trying to sample port out of my wineglass. She will never have any if I have any say in the matter. She really doesn't like human foods that much, except for tuna and sardines, but I think it's just 'cause they're fish more than anything else.

My dad had a Great Dane who loved cold cuts. She'd steal the salami right out of your sandwitch if you weren't careful. She lived to the ripe old age of 13, with is ancient for a Dane.

5. duke3522

duke3522 Well-Known Member

One of the best dogs I have ever had was a large male Akita named Hoss. Hoss loved Fazoli's garlic breadsticks. If I had him in the truck and he had been a good boy I would take him by there and buy him a couple of breadsticks. Once the folks a Fazoli's new I was getting them for him my order of two sticks would magicly become 4 or 6. He loved them so much that when he was done eating them he would just lie on the floor with his nose in the bag enjoying the smell.

6. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

One of our dogs loves beer if you set your bottle down its hers. I love to watch them eat those HUGE zucchini that gets discovered its so funny seeing them run around with a big hunk trying to stay away from the chickens.
    And yes they love p.nut butter we like to give it to them just to watch them LOL

7. hatwoman22

hatwoman22 Well-Known Member

We have a cat who loves popcorn, you must first put some in her food dish hot from the microwave before you can expect to eat any yourself, she screams a protest otherwise. but then she's a vulture, and screams the second we start rattling pans.
    of course the dogs love the popcorn too.

The dogs also all love ice, theyd eat the entire bag if they could. The lab mix loves bannanas, peaches, plums, and they all love apples, besides for the schauzer, besides for left overs her fave treat is milk on top of her dog food.

one of my jack russles loves raw eggs, the others tolerate them, but she fights for em.

Baseically the question should be what will they NOT eat!

my dogs even eat pasta salad with italian dressing. And of course i have to gaurd my tuna from the cats, mayo on it or not.

dont eat peanut butter much myself, so I dont know about that one.

8. Sparticle

Sparticle Well-Known Member Supporter

My pig loves Habenero chips with Cholula sauce! He begs for them and he kept wiping his face on me all foamy (yes I was outside) and I kept shooing him away. He wouldn't leave, so I said "OK buddy, you want to see what I"m eating". So, I gave him one and man was that a mistake. I think that's the best stuff he's ever tasted. He hates celery by the way.

Cats love tuna and popcorn.

Little handicapped dog will kill someone for broccoli and cauliflower. She even takes that over a little piece of pie crust.

My dog vincent loves sticks and rocks by the way. He has nothing to do with any of the dog toys and just loves to sit and chew rocks. Weird.

9. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

My Dogs eat whatever I eat.But they love Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

big rockpile

10. LaDonna

LaDonna Well-Known Member

My Dogs eat whatever I eat.But they love Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

BR chocolate is toxic to dogs. You can kill a dog with chocolate.

11. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

I might be wrong but I think its Bakers Chocolate.Got one Kid that has ate it for the last 15 year,she might be old and Blind but she loves going for a ride and getting her chocolate fix. :D

big rockpile

12. pcdreams

pcdreams Well-Known Member

our dogs love peanut butter. They both know what the jar looks like and come running if you get close to it. :)

13. Topaz Farm

Topaz Farm Well-Known Member

My DH usually has some P-nut butter and crackers for a snack in the evening. No matter how quite he is the two dogs know, and come for their snack too.

14. Rouen

Rouen Well-Known Member

our dogs love peanut butter, our cat use to go nuts for dunkin donuts when she was younger she jumped on the fridge opened the box and took a bite out of each doughnut we've since been more careful where we leave them, my ferret use to love peanut butter and for about 7 months it kept him alive.

15. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

My dogs love any kind of ''people food''. Popcorn,peanuts,chips,cheese,peanut butter, meat tidbits. They get just a TINY bit of these treats,Very occasionaly.

16. jack_c-ville

jack_c-ville Well-Known Member

17. Mudwoman

Mudwoman Well-Known Member

Oatmeal/raisin cookies. They drool!!!

18. jlxian

jlxian Also known as Jean Supporter

Our dog's favorite junk food is the cat's food. Besides that she LOVES the rawhide chewies and popcorn. She's a Corgi so we don't let her have too much junk food -- they tend to be OVERWEIGHT.

A previously owned dog loved lettuce and also peanut butter. She could clean out the nearly empty jar with ease.

19. Rouen

Rouen Well-Known Member

just remember grapes are a known cause of kidney failure in dogs, and I believe they can also cause other health problems aswell.

20. BobK

BobK Well-Known Member

For the favorite treat I would say cat poo....or gut cookies.....but for junk food nothing beats icecream in her book!