Does Water Broke And Now....help Help!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by maryanne, Apr 11, 2006.

1. maryanne

maryanne Well-Known Member

SHE has a reddish colored sac hanging out, it is tappered at the vaginal opening, she isnt pushing or trying to push every now and then she squats like she is going to pee then she starts walking again, should I be concerend? water broke at 1 pm its now 2:35. Her water sac did bust but it is still hanging there with the reddish colored sac and some water iss till in the water sac. when my other doe had her baby her water broke and then the reddish sac was full not tapered and I could see baby holves and nose . this doe the sac is about the size of a soft ball but completely tappered at her vaginal opening...

2. APPway

APPway Well-Known Member Supporter

imop that is the water bar and the small fluid bag is nothing to worry about. now that the water broke she will wait a bit and then go into heavy labor you should have kids in lets say around 2 hours.
    let us know what she has

3. maryanne

thanks, I panic alot.... this morning , when i went outside to take my son to the bus stop i noticed my beautiful buck had his horn completely stuck in a swing I have had this swing in the goat yard for 2 years now,m never a problem before. my husband had to get a saw and cut the swing which is metal from around his horn, I just knew he would die before we could free him, he had glazed over eyes, foamy mouth. I have had an anxious day and now my doe is labor this is her first baby.thanks for your reply, i feel at ease now.well except in 2 hours I take my son to ball practice..no one will be here, i need to make some arrangements,,again thanks!!

4. APPway

2 hours was just a ball park time so you would have a cup of tea and relax :happy: If she is not in heavy labor you should have nothing to worry about its a good idea you have to have someone check on her while you are at dropping son off beings she is a first freshener. Like I said above have a cup of tea and then check her and come back on line and tell us all about the new baby's she has given you.

Appway

5. Sher

Sher Well-Known Member

I was wondering...did you maybe stick a finger or two in to see what you could feel? Since she has never kidded before...maybe she will need a little help from you.

If its a large kid or if there are two and pushing .. just may need a little help to wangle their cute little selves out of cramped quarters.

I would not leave her if she has not kidded. And I am not one to wait til the doe is done in before checking things out.

Really glad your hubby got your buck out in time. When it rains...it pours!! Good luck!

6. maryanne

she hasnt grunted or attempted to push yet at all, she will squat then stand.shes just standing there eating hay and wanting out of the birthing stall when i open her door.the water bag did pop, it is hanging long and the reddish bag is just there,,I freak out over my animals,,I have not stuck my fingers in her, scared I will pop the bag the baby is in.its literally tappered at her vagina.my other doe screamed bloody murder by now during her labor.I know all are different.

7. APPway

Yes they are all different thats the problem.
    After the water bag breaks real labor can start at any time usually it does not start right after the water breaks. Have bred goats for since the late 70's and they all are different. In my opnion if she is not in labor and and does not seem to be pushing with no effects there would be no reason to enter her ass it might just be the cerfix is still dialatilng. I know alot of people with goats reach in as soon as the water breaks I am not one of them but that is your choice. What breed is she?
    Once the labor starts after about 2 or 3 real good pushes if you look at the vulva during a push you should see feet and nose. if after alot of pushes you see nothing then I would enter her and feel what is going on. Keep us posted.
    Like I said This is my opnion and how I have been doing it for alot of years. alot of us have and we all do it different.
    Keep us posted

appway

8. maryanne

she is a 3/4 boar, 1/4 spanish, i dont know what spanish means, do you?.... I will not go in her at all unless I see theres a problem after her actual labor, the pushing, starts. thanks for your help.

9. APPway

spanish is a meat goat cross goat they are a very tough goat alot of people that free range their goats on large pastures keep spanish goats as they are able to adapt to alot of areas with no difficulty

JMOP
    Appway

10. maryanne

i just stepped out to look at her, the amniotic sac is hanging lower than before (towards the ground)same amount of fluid in it as before. still no pushing,etc.. just being her normal happy self.I can tell the bag swinging is aggrevating her some as it bumps her very full udder.

11. Jcran

Jcran Well-Known Member

My doe had her water break, she ate hay, chewed cud, and it was another 45 minutes or so before she lay down and pushed. If she pushes HARD and nothing happens, call a vet.

12. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Well Maryann, anything yet? I would get the molasses water ready for her.
    Good luck.

13. maryanne

its a boy born at 6pm! healthy, small..but sweet and cute!

14. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

15. APPway

glad all went good maryanne and that you have a nice new boy,
    Did you have that cup of tea yet :dance:

16. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

Congrats!
    I just know I will be just like you when my girls finally go into labor. i probably will camp out at the stall forever. I am so nervous about losing somebody! I am glad that everybody seems to do ok on their own for the most part.
    Pics, please of the new mom and babe!