Does this look good to you?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Unregistered-1427815803, Jun 16, 2004.

1. gobug

gobug Well-Known Member Supporter

It looks like a good price for a decent tractor. The horse power is a little low. If you don't live in Texas, you will be shocked at how expensive it is to transport. I bought a tractor in March on ebay and got a good deal until the transportation cost was added on. Then the good deal became average. I didn't loose, but may have been ahead to shop harder locally. You could upgrade to a better tractor for the same money if you find it locally.

2. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I have no experience with the make or dealer but it does sound prtty good alright. Ask for references and how local are they to you? Shipping would add up fast.

3. VonWolfen

VonWolfen Well-Known Member

Read ALL of the feedback. When spending this much money, I would absolutely go through page one of his last sales (feedback)....pick out the tractor sales, and contact the buyer. Ask all the questions, including shipping cost and experience.

4. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Locally, a 35 hp or more American made tractor with scoop,4 cylinder diesel, can be found for about 5K. The estate size mentioned is fine for light ground keeping and such, but if you are going to use a tractor seriously look for something with more ponies. Tractors are like motorcycles, its soon that you are kicking yourself for not getting something bigger.

5. morrowsmowers

morrowsmowers Well-Known Member

I would recommend against this tractor. It is a foreign unit which has had to be completely remanufactured in order to sell it -- was it so badly used or was it damaged so badly that it needed extensive work ??? It appears new in the listing but the text tells of the work being done. They are selling it at a price that might sound good but is probably on the same level as getting a new unit from a foreign company. How hard will it be to get parts for a Yanmar in your area ??? Here in South NJ I have heard of these units but never seen one nor have I seen any place advertise service or parts for them. Also, they state the shipping is $1.00 per mile -- not a lot if you live close but a lot for those of us at a long distance ... I would recommend buying something well known and getting it close to home -- makes it a lot easier for service, etc. later.

Ken in Glassboro :no:

6. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

It's not a bad price. I've met this dealer and talked to him, since he is near my place. Seems honest enough, but I can't vouch for his reputation. I don't think this unit has power steering and that sure helps with an FEL. I also prefer a 4x4 unit, and see that he has one for $1100 more; I think it also has a few more HP. People who have yanmars tend to love them. They've been making the small john deere units for a number of years. Parts shouldn't be a problem but ask around in your area. There's a section in www.tractorbynet.com that deals with yanmars and the guys there are knowledgeable. Good luck.