Does This Ever Bum You Out?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Boleyz, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Boleyz

Boleyz Prognosticator, Artist

:p My seven-year-old just pointed out to me that in 20 years I'll be 65. That's really bummed me out...My life's going by lickety-split and I'm still trying to decide what I want to do when I "Grow Up"... :stars:

I guess it's a mid-life crisis. I saw someone on here whose signature said something like, "Life's a trip, enjoy the journey".

That's what I'm doing...I may never be rich or famous or finish my book, but I've got a great wife and 3 terrific kids. I'm enjoying every day of it...

I just needed to share...Blessings to all... :cowboy:

2. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

Well, in twenty years I'll be 69, and I already have four grandchildren (and possibly another one on the way -- waiting for word on that). :stars:

But for the most part the women in my family live into their nineties in decent health, so I figure I've still got close to half of my life ahead of me. :happy:

Kathleen

3. TundraGypsy

TundraGypsy Well-Known Member

Yikes, in twenty years I'll be 79, I guess I better live it up while I can!!! :D

4. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

I've heard that we ain't gonna get out of this world alive. The important part is not burning up those years in ways that would disapoint the ones who love you. Getting old isn't scary if you have faith in the outcome.
    Enjoying a day when you are 70 is just like enjoying a day when you are 30.
    The mind living in this body is the same one that I went to grade school with.
    And besides that, gray haired ladies just keep getting prettier.

COSunflower likes this.
  5. Boleyz

Boleyz Prognosticator, Artist

Thanks Uncle Will...Great Viewpoint...and I actually DO have Faith in the outcome!

COSunflower likes this.
  6. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

At least the kid didn't say "in 20 you will be 65, if you are still alive"

7. Obser

Obser "Mobile Homesteaders"

Boleyz, in twenty years you will be just a little younger than I am now -- and I will be 86 then. Why should that bum either of us out?

Live well and honorably, enjoy every day, be where you want to be with people you want to be with.

Stay healthy (do what is wise for the physical body) and active. Keep your enthusiasm and zest for life. Don't fear changes or whatever lies ahead.

Surprisingly, if you stay active and enthusiastic you won't feel much older then than you do now.

COSunflower likes this.
  8. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

So?

It's just a number. Who cares?

9. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

One nite I dreamed I was celebrating my 100th bday with a bunch of good friends. And I was living in my own home, getting around just fine and teaching a Bible study! Got 47 yrs to go till I get to celebrate 100yrs young! LOL

10. KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit Well-Known Member

48 here....I'll be 68 in 20 years, but as I always say "It's better to be over the hill than under the hill!" ;)

11. lilmommajnn

lilmommajnn Well-Known Member

I'll still be younger than Mom! I'll only be 49 in 20 years....

12. ChickenTracy

ChickenTracy Well-Known Member

roflmao I haven't heard that in years!! I remember my Grandmother saying that! She's the only person I've ever heard say it. Not, saying you're as old as my Grandmother mind you.;) Just reminicing!! :D I'll be 59 in 20 more years.

13. Pigeon Lady

Pigeon Lady Well-Known Member Supporter

It came as a bit of a shock to me last week, reading the paper I discovered that next year I qualify to participate in the Senior Olympics!!!

Since I feel better now than I did at 17 I'm tempted to do it. Heck I know I can still pass the army PT test.

Pauline

14. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

just remember ,your only as old as you feel! age is inevitable, maturity optional! :baby04: great being 46 and feeling like a twenty year old though often the next day feel at least 70! :grump: condroiten here i come! :help: come from a line of very old people (most went in a home in their 90's) most of them in good shape still!

15. Dec429

Dec429 Well-Known Member

I will be 46 in about 3 weeks, I feel better and am happier than I was at 16, 26 or 36!
    Most of my family has lived into their 90's, except for my brother who left this world at 40. He had been ill all of his life and I have none of the illnesses he suffered from.
    Looking forward to the next 50 or so years with the one I love, and the grandbaby on the way!! :banana02:

16. bostonlesley

bostonlesley Guest

I remember when I was 28 years old and there was a woman in our sailboat racing club who was 75..she consistantly beat everyone and had a smile on her face ALL the time..great lady. I'm 58 now..every single minute of every single day is a wonderful gift..that moment never comes again..enjoy it.!

17. KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit Well-Known Member

That's funny!!! I never heard anyone else say it either, but as I get older I get forgetful too! Your grandma and I must think alike!!! :clap:

18. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

I didn’t even have my youngest until I was 43. When she says, “In 20 years, you’ll be…”

I finish the sentence for her “….your mother still, young lady, so watch your mouth!”.

When she was learning to add, I would say “When you are 6, your sister will be ___”. If she answered, “8”. I would say, “Very good..and when you are 10, your sister will be__?”

Finally, one day she had worked up to the end of the double digits, so I said, “When you are 99, your sister will be___?” She answered, “DEAD!” and giggled for hours afterwards.

19. albionjessica

albionjessica Hiccoughs after eating

In 20 years I will be 41. At least we can take comfort that we will most likely life into the 80's, probably longer for my generation. Could you imagine having a midlife crisis at 18? I'm still getting over the hormone ridden period that was my teen-hood... can't imagine what I would do living back when it was considered great to live past 40.

Jan, I really liked your post. Kids are so cute!

20. Paul1

Paul1 Well-Known Member

Wow. I'll be 38. I don't even want to think about getting that old. ;]