Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this for my friend of mine. I am kinda upset about it. Becuz it is way too late for me to try to get it before Christmas day!. Anyways I will do it anyways.. My friend is looking for two baby goat (dont matter what kind). She wants to get them tomorrow ASAP before christmas for her daughter as a present. Thanks.. Email me about this. [email protected] Thanks..

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Suuuuuure! a friend you say... LOL..are you sure it's not for YOU deafgoatlady! All these baby goat pictures are getting to me too ;)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL very funny!! I dont wanna baby goats right now. NO WAY. Becuz my does will kid by Feb and April! LOL... It is for my friend's friend wants baby goats..

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Maybe she could get an I.O.U. (pay now for kids to come) and pictures of the mama and papa? It's not a bad thing for children (and adults) to learn that some things take time....

Kathleen

·
Registered
7 Posts
we will be having about 20 to 25 nigerian dwarf babies hitting the ground starting mid Jan and then into March. Sadly not before Christmas though! All are registered with ags,adga and ndga and many will be show quality but we also will have pet wethers available. www.doubledurangofarm.com

·
A servant
448 Posts
we are in west GA and we had triplets born Friday and they are 2 boys are for sale. The Mother is a Lamacha/ Neubain cross and the Pop was Lamacha. I will have pics tomorrow. We are Bottle feeding them. for the Cl / cae Prevanative disease program the mother has tested out negative. We milk her out twice daily and are currentl y getting 3 qts each milkin. PM me if inerested.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My suggestion for her would be to get buckets and assorted "goat caring supplies" wrap those up and tell her daughter that after the Christmas hustle and bustle is over that she can go and find her perfect goat babies. That way daughter still gets presents but she get the goat she wants and not just whatever is handy. That's what is suggested for getting house pets at the holidays. Otherwise, good luck I hope she gets what she is looking for. Keep us posted....especially with cute baby goat pics!!!! ;)

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
How about arranging for a visit to some goat farms instead? That way she can really gauge whether or not her daughter is ready for & interested in the commitment it takes to raise livestock. Maybe set her up with a 4H or other group so she can participate over time and learn all the chores as well as the goodies. After a few weeks of this, her mother can decide if buying goats is still a good idea and them maybe do it for her birthday.

We're pretty far north and we won't have anyone weaned until at least late May. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts