Does anyone read SFJ ??

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by 34Case, Dec 3, 2005.

1. 34Case

34Case Guest

If so Id like to find out who and share thoughts about it when it comes out. I dont farm with horses. Have all the equipment to do so, but I farm about the same way.

2. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm a fairly new subscriber, I think I have 4 issues so far, including the "free" back issues. I really enjoy the publication. I have 2 older Belgians that are broke to work in the woods. I've only had them a few months and have no experience harnessing or driving, but hope to learn some day. My horses came to me as rescues. They were potentially going to the auction for meat. I suppose I look at them like I do most everything else I have here......might be darn glad to have them one day.

3. affenpinschermom

affenpinschermom Well-Known Member

My husband and I have been subscribers for about 20 years. We started out with belgians, but not have halflingers. Great magazine. Horse Progress Days that they talk about in SJF is well worth attending.

4. jersey girl

jersey girl Well-Known Member Supporter

We have suscribed for years. We farm with Belgians. We also learn so much other stuff from the magazine. Always lots of articles about cows, sheep, alternative crops, ect. It is not just for horsefarmers. WE would recommend it for anyone that homesteads. Our very first add with our miniature jerseys should be in the next issue. Can't wait to see it.

5. brosil

brosil Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm politicking for a subscription for Christmas. I picked up a copy at Horse Progress days and was impressed by the info in it. It's not just horse farming. Oh Jersey Girl, I might be interested in those small Jersey's next year. I'll see how the hay comes out.

6. jersey girl

jersey girl Well-Known Member Supporter

We currently have 10 cows bred, all are registered. Will be selling all of the calves this year. A few of last years calves are on our under construction website. www.ber-gust.com
    Check it out and let us know if there are any questions.