Does anyone have Mini Lop rabbits?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Goat Freak, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

I have a cousin that is interested in buying some, about how much do you think they would cost, and does anyone have them for sale now or in the near future? Oh yeah, she lives in Hudson, Florida, so it would have to be close to there, unless you can ship a rabbit, how much would it cost to do that by the way?

2. CountryDreams

CountryDreams Well-Known Member

I have raised Mini Lop rabbits in the past and still have a few, though I am going to mostly meat rabbits now.
    You can get a Mini Lop rabbit from an individual for anywhere from $5 to ? depending on what you are wanting to do with the rabbit. Is your cousin wanting just pet rabbits or show rabbits? I have seen show rabbits go upwards of $100. Most pet rabbits should be no more than $25 depending on where you live. I am in Missouri and most of the rabbits around here go pretty cheap.
    I personally would not ship a rabbit. Rabbits do not do well with stress and shipping creates too much stress. You would end up with a dead bunny I am afraid.
    Tell your cousin to search for a breeder locally. You can direct them to the arba website. www.arba.com
    Hope this helps.

3. doodles

doodles Well-Known Member

4. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Thak you everybody. Yes she does want the rabbit for a pet. i will defintly check out both sites. Once again, thank you. Bye.