Does anyone have a Ford LGT125 w/ a 48" deck?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by 6e, Aug 23, 2006.

1. 6e

6e Farm lovin wife Supporter

We have an old Ford lawn mower with a 48" deck that keeps breaking the deck belt (the belt that runs the blades). We replaced it once, but I think the old belt was missing a piece and now all the belts are too short and keep breaking and there's no number on the deck and so the parts store can't give me the length for the original belt. We had a heck of a time getting them on because they were too short.
    Does anyone have this kind of mower that know what length of belt this mower would take? Please tell me someone out there has one of these mowers that knows what the length is supposed to be on this mower! I really need to mow the grass and I can't because the belt broke..............again! :grump:

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    There is a formula for cyphering this length, I do not have it but maybe can find it. The center of the pulley measured distances, the diameter of the pulleys all must be taken for this to work. If there is no dealer support we may be able to supply such, but do not bet the family fortunes on this.

3. 6e

The only parts store around that has parts for this very old lawn mower told me that they can't give me the right belt unless they have the number off the deck. Well, that number is long since gone. So.......... :shrug:

4. hunter63

hunter63 Well-Known Member

Belts can be purchesed at any auto parts store or even hardware stores.
    If you know how the belt get strung around the pulleys, string it up with a piece of rope and the measure it.
    You can get several belts in the sizes closes to the rope length, they are pretty cheap.

Belt numbers will have the length and the size, example A03700z or some such,
    means the it's an "A" belt @37" long and the company stuff.

Can't believe that they would tell you they need a deck number for a belt.
    You need to find a better "parts guy".

5. Siryet

Siryet In Remembrance

Go to yahoo and type in jacobsengardentractors in group search and there is a group named this. Join the group and they might be able to help.

6. 6e

Thank you for your help. The rope thing might help. Last time we got a 92" belt and it was sooo tight that we couldn't hardly get it over the pulley's.
    The auto part's stores don't have belts that are that long and that thin....1/2".