Does anyone have a cure for mites?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Terri, May 28, 2004.

1. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

My rabbit is getting bald spot form scratching and pulling at his fur. I have tried rubbing him with oil.

Any other solutions?

2. Pat Lamar

Pat Lamar Well-Known Member Supporter

If you are certain that it isn't Ring Worm, then use cat flea powder. Douse well and rub it in. Repeat in 10 days if necessary. Please note... it must be CAT (or kitten) flea powder and not for dogs! Dogs don't groom themselves, but cats and rabbits do, so the ingredients are different.

Pat Lamar
    President
    Professional Rabbit Meat Association
    http://www.prma.org/

3. CarrieS

CarrieS Member

Ivermectin horse wormer. I had a doe with horrible ear mites and we wormed her with a pea sized amount of horse paste and they cleared up in 5 to 7 days. If that is not an option, get the ear mite cat treatment and put a couple drops in each ear.

4. iouJC

iouJC Guest

I wondered what I was going to use on my Wabbits, they are getting fleas.......I figured that flea powder for cats would work, but wasn't sure....you sure are a HELP around here....reading your posts has added tremendously to my information!! :eek:

5. Tracy

Tracy Well-Known Member

pour on cattle ivormec, 3 drops at the back of the neck, retreat in 1 week. will cure all mites.