Does anyone go Christmas Caroling anymore?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Becca65, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Becca65

Becca65 Well-Known Member

I loved Christmas Caroling as a kid, it was so much fun going out and singing all those Christmas songs, in the cold then coming home and having hot chocolate.

I remember being down one Christmas it was a few years after my mom passed away, and these carolers came to our door, that really made me feel good I loved listening to them sing, and after they were done i gave them some change i had, I wanted to give them some hot cocoa or christmas cookies, but i didn't have any at the time. but it really lifted my spirits..
    So does anyone still go caroling? I would love to take my girls out..

2. omnicat

omnicat Well-Known Member

My mom took my daughter caroling just two days ago. A group from her church went caroling in nursing homes, followed by a potluck. DD loved it!

3. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

My kids 4H group did last year (families included). I am hoping that we will go as a family when dh gets in for Christmas. It may be Christmas eve but it should still be fine.

4. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

I sing so badly if I went carolling they would probably throw yellow snow at me :help:

5. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

We went last week with our church. Tonight we will go with my daughters 4-H group to the local nursing home. Next Tuesday we will go with the Girl Scouts. It's a lot of fun!

6. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

We are going the 22nd. Our church does it, we go to the nursing home, and then to people that others have requested us go to thier houses, and then to the church to eat junk food. It's alot of fun, but sometimes I get a little sad in the nursing home cause they sometimes cry. Maybe they are crying cause we sound that bad? :Bawling:

7. trixiwick

trixiwick bunny slave

When I was a Girl Scout, we used to go caroling at area nursing homes, and they absolutely loved it. Their hearing must have been really awful, because I cannot imagine just how horrible we must've sounded.

But I have to admit, I'd think it was weird if a bunch of people arrived on my doorstep now, singing for all they were worth.

8. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

This made me laugh because this is what I was thinking.... it sure would be a sight to behold thou! I can only imagine it in my mind and I'm still giggling as I type this.

That would be hilarious, about the funnest thing I can think of at thie time.

Needless to say I havent' seen any Christmas Carolers on the street in the past 30 years and if they did appear I would be floored.

By the way has anyone seen that Hallmark commerical.. a family shows up on another families doorstep and gives them a card... the family in the house just looks at them strangely until one of the "carolers" whispers to open the card... they open the card a jingle bells music plays and the family on the door stop just bob up and down with the music, but there is no singing? I laugh everytime i see that commerical.

9. just ducky!

just ducky! Duffer is my #1 pet duck!

Last year I went Christmas caroling with my family and our friends came with us. we dressed up to look like we had just come out of the 1800's I had on a hoopskirt and cape and and a muff and my brother had a vest and hat we went down our road and everyone enjoyed it! We were the ones who gave the bags of cookies to the people though.

10. kasilofhome

kasilofhome Well-Known Member

Yes, It would not be Christmas with out it. It is so special.

11. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

We are going out tomorrow with church... instead of our normal church service... we are taking church on the road!

12. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

my church is going to sing to the shut ins and nursing home on sunday evening, instead of our regular service. i'm looking forward to it.