Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And hate mounting them as much as I do? I just got mine put on my H Farmall again. ITS A PAIN. I like mowing with them more than pull type mowers as I can turn a square corner with them, whereas with pull types, I have to make a loop.
My only experience with pull types is with horse mowers, but I imagine the overall use of them is the same as with tractor pull types.
I have a farm game where I am using a A JD and a pull type JD tractor more, and I had to do the loops with it, BUT they are MUCH easier to mount.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Sorry Bill.. I don't mount mowers..

It does sound pretty painful... ;)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Use your Brake, and back up a little if you need too.....I cut fair square/rounded off corners with a no 5 JD an ole Allis....course I cheat sometimes ease up the lift, turn left circle around...and do si do right a head

·
Premium Member
9,017 Posts
Was a little kid when I 'helped' dad mount the mid mount sickle on the Oliver 88.

Big tractor for a mower!

Lot of prying and lifting to get all that lined up, the pto pulley and belt on to drop down to the shaft....

Paul

·
Premium Member
25,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PH That was what I was talking bout in makin a loop. Ive mowed way more with pull type horse mowers than a tractor mower.
I had one just like this one when I was a kid at 20 . HATED mounting it. Parked it, and got a NI that I thought was easier. Guess it wasn't. Don't know what happened to it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The one on my H I can mount or unhook in about 10 minutes I think it's a 27. I fabbed up a set of jacks just for it. I can make a more square corner with a pull type discbine than I can with a mounted mower. I have the 27, a 9' bushhog brand 3pt disc mower, and a 14' discbine. Seth

·
Premium Member
25,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IF Im lucky, I can likely do it in that time also. IF im unluckly, double it, and a lot of things wrong can happen in 10/20 mins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts