Does anyone else feel like they

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Speciallady, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

are going out of their minds? I have been so busy I have gotten to the point where I am making really stupid mistakes. Like deleting important addresses, Not getting enough of one thing made, and way over doing another. I can't remember if I'm coming or going or what I'm supposed to do when I get there. I'm trying to rest today, but I have so much to do. I should be at the laundry mat right now, but my head feels like it's about to explode. I have clothes on my couch I put there two weeks ago. Oy

2. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Yeah, everything feels sort of off. I think it's normal with the holiday season.

We have Mono so Hubby and I (now FIL too, poor guy) are very tired. We've been sleeping almost 12 hours, it's nuts! We're on the mend but it really threw a wrench into us getting better faster from our colds.

I think around January 2nd things will get back to normal lol.

Kat

3. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

That's my normal behavioral pattern--adhd!!

4. culpeper

culpeper Well-Known Member

Brain is in overload. Time to STOP, sit down, think things through before doing anything. If you can't think, do nothing. In any case, do nothing before you've waited a full minute. Preferably 5 minutes. This will encourage you to slow down. Less haste, more speed, you know!

5. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

Boy, do I ever hear ya!!!
    The last week has just been running around like Mike the Headless chicken...we won't even go into yesterday...

6. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

sorry rose, didn't mean to steal your topic, just goes to show you how mindless I am. lmbo.

Spotted Crow, I heard about yesterday, and girl you win the PRIZE. Maybe you should put something stronger than ginger ale in them bottles :buds:

7. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

Yah, I hear ya. I,m planning two family get togethers in one week at Christmas and New years, and its mind boggling. I cant remember which kid I talked to about it and if I,m getting the dinners right for the right day. One nice thing is that on the New years gathering we are taking the family, [19 as a matter of fact,] Out to dinner so I dont have to cook for that one...For Dh,s 25 years of service at his company, they gave him a 300 dollar certificate for dinner with the family. We,ll probably end up paying more then that with 19 people but thats ok. No, thats not all he got, hahahahaha. I recheck the gifts under the tree over and over to make sure everyone got the same. This is rediculous, isnt it????

8. pumpkinlady

pumpkinlady Well-Known Member

I used to feel like that during the holidays but not any more. I started saying no when asked to plan and do things during the holiday. Now I just say no that I don't have time and leave it at that. We still go to the families on Christmas and visit a few friends. The holidays are much more enjoyable, less stressful, and hubby and I get to spend more time together.

9. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I was feeling that way too, so I just decided, "What gets done, gets done; what doesn't get done will still be there tomorrow, or its importance will diminish."

So far, so good.

At first, I didn't even prioritize. Now things are slowly falling into place (with a little adjustment).

This is the first Christmas season in a looooooong time where I haven't felt absolutely horrible. I'm not 100%, but I am way better than I have been in years past.

Pony!