Discussion Starter #1
There is this color run marathon thing that lots of people I know do-
there is no way I will run thru enormous amounts of cornstarch and food dye-
I am sorry I am not thinking this is safe at all-

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh anything over 500 feet is a marathon to me ;)

Reactions: CarolinaHobby

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is a link - I found that has a response that shows the ingredients thrown at runners:

http://younghygienist.com/2014/05/08/is-the-colorrun-hazardous-to-your-health/

Thank you for your email! The color is a cornstarch base and is dyed with food grade dyes. It is even Gluten free. :) Here is a list of the ingredients in our color: Blue Thank – FD and C Blue 1 Lake Low, Melojel Starch. Green – FD and C Blue 1 Lake Low, FD and C Yellow Lake 36-42 PCT, Melojel Starch. Pink – FD and C Red 40 Lake 36-42PCT, Melojel Starch. Yellow – FD and C Yellow 5 lake 36-42 PC, Melojel Starch. Our color has gone through extensive testing. In the Material Safety Data it says there could be some irritation since the color can form dust, but in all of the testing it states that there is nothing The MSD sheets show the Potential Health effects are as follows: Oral Exposure – Swallowing this material is not likely to be harmful. Dermal Exposure – Unlikely to cause skin irritation or injury. Inhalation Exposure – This material is a dust or may produce dust. Breathing small amount of this material is not likely to be harmful. Eye Exposure – Dust can cause eye irritation Symptoms may include stinging, tearing redness and swelling of eyes. Symptoms of Exposure – No data Other Health Effects – The material can form dust, which may cause skin or mucous membrane irritation. Symptoms may include redness, burning, and swelling. Although they may cause respiratory tract irritation, nuisance dusts do not form scar tissue or affect the structure of air spaces in the lungs. Their effects on the tissues are potentially reversible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts