Does anyone buy from Gardens Alive?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Chas in Me, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Chas in Me

Chas in Me Well-Known Member

I found one of their catalogs at the local coffee house and took it home to read. They say their fertilizers and sprays are all natural, but, are they registered for organic?
    I tried their web site and the links flamed out on me.
    I appreciate any answers. Thanks.

2. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

i don't know about registered organic, but they are the only products i use in my garden. everyone's needs are different, but i get by just fine with pyola spray for bugs and copper soap fungicide. they are kind of pricey, but i've found that they last a long time and work well, so it's worth it to me.

3. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

We have bought their row covers but not tried anything else.

4. athome in SD

athome in SD Well-Known Member

I have used some of their products also and liked them. I think they are
    easy to use and have good results. Not sure if they are cert. organic but
    I guess I just felt like they were a good option.

athome in SD

5. shorty'smom

shorty'smom Well-Known Member

I use the pyola. It works well on some things. It didn't take care of my potato bugs last year though. And it didn't kill squash bugs either. Does anything kill squash bugs besides my fingers squishing them?

I did buy that calcium spray for blossom end rot and was pleased with it. I never grew a tomato in my soil that didn't get blossom end rot until I sprayed them with that stuff.

It doesn't matter to me if it's registered organic. I'd like to have a registered organic vegetable stand, but I get a fly-by spraying every year. The crop duster did a better ob last year, but he's nearly killed me two other years. He flew directly over my garden when he turned. Trees clear on the far end of our property had some foliar damage from the spray that year. He picked a better day last year and altered his flight path. I got minimal damage. Still, I don't doubt that I have residues.

6. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

I would be SOOO seething. :no: I am chemically sensitive sometimes. When I go into the gardening department in Walmart, I have to get out of there as quickly as possible. Not only do all those pesticides smell awful, but they will give me a headache in about 5-10 minutes. I wish there was some kind of law so that they had to be kept away from everything else.

I have bought some things from garden's alive. In my experience, they have good products, but they are definately overpriced. I typically only buy when they send my one of those buy $20 worth get $20 worth free coupons. That brings their prices down to normal.

I like pyola too, it killed my stink bugs and blister beetles.