Does anybody have Sables?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by xoxoGOATSxoxo, Nov 20, 2006.

1. xoxoGOATSxoxo

xoxoGOATSxoxo when in doubt, mumble.

Hi. Do any of you breed Sables? I've never seen one. All I know is that they are colored Saanens, and only recently recognized as a separte breed. If you have them, do you think you could post some pictures? If nobody has them, do they know a website I can see them on? I haven't Googled them yet.

:baby04: :baby04: :baby04:

2. FarmGoddess

FarmGoddess Well-Known Member

Yes, I have some, and will post some pictures later. I need to take new ones of my babies anyway.

I purchased a Saanan buck two years ago and the breeder neglected to tell me that he was from a bloodline that ran heavy on Sables. This spring I was suprised by several very differently colored babies. One is solid black. two are brown with black points, and one is black with white points. The mothers are all
    registared Saanan does. So much for my pretty white goats....

:hobbyhors :hobbyhors :hobbyhors

3. lyceum

lyceum Well-Known Member

We have a few sables. They are all either Black Sundgau or Chocolate Sundgau. I have seen some that are black too. If you want to see some good examples, Flick's Acres has some pics of Sables on their websites. Google the herd name and it should come up.

Lyceum

4. xoxoGOATSxoxo

Thanks!

Abother question. Can they be any color, like Nubians with their spots and slashes or are they only in Alpine colors, the Sundgau and Cou Clair and whatnot?

5. lyceum

lyceum Well-Known Member

If you are interested in a Sable, we have an April doe kid that we are selling. She is Choc. Sundgau.

Carisa

6. xoxoGOATSxoxo

I'd love a Sable, but not in a position to get any more goats now. :( But thanks.